• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

World of Wheels in the New Orleans Superdome

BioMedTechGuy

Reaction score
NCM_0240.jpg
I had the rear glass taken out successfully (yea) as one of the steps to get my car ready for the show. When I bought it, there was so much dum dum around the glass that the interior rear window trim piece wouldn't go in place, and the exterior bright trim didn't look right. The wrong size clips were used too. So now I have the correct smaller clips on the way and a new interior trim piece. Fortunately there was no rust or rot there. The C pillar sections of the headliner are being reshaped too. Polished ceramic coated TTi 2"primaries headers, Mopar fabricated crinkle black aluminum valve covers, mini starter, chrome Dana 60 diff cover, tinted glass, and repair or replacement of the plastic front grill round out my "to do" list for the show.

NCM_0240.jpg

quikbird

Reaction score
this is a job I need to do coming up. please pass along any advice you may have from doing this already, such as where did you get the new clips etc. myself and anyone else needing to change the back glass are interested.

BioMedTechGuy

Reaction score
Wow. Sorry I've been gone so long. Been at B-bodies only.
Choose a glass mechanic that has references. The clips came from a old school little one man business that does windshield replacement. Sorry I don't know more.

dmartin

Reaction score
Yeah we'll forgive you this time I bought my clips from Year One since it is here in Ga about an hour away

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Saw your car there - nice bird. Did not make the connection - would have been nice to say hello in person. I know that Droptop was also there but he and I were not able to connect either. Like most everyone, we got chased out a day early by the hurricane.

That's a great show. 8,300+ cars this year per the big board at the Cruisin' Central tent. We've gone three years in a row now. I have family in the area so we get to kill two birds with one stone. We may go for the entire week next year.

BioMedTechGuy

Reaction score
Saw your car there - nice bird. Did not make the connection - would have been nice to say hello in person. I know that Droptop was also there but he and I were not able to connect either. Like most everyone, we got chased out a day early by the hurricane.

That's a great show. 8,300+ cars this year per the big board at the Cruisin' Central tent. We've gone three years in a row now. I have family in the area so we get to kill two birds with one stone. We may go for the entire week next year.
Now it's November of 2018...
I just don't get here on this forum enough.
My wife and I stay for the whole week at Cruisin the Coast. We only live about 45 minutes away, so if we have to check on the homestead it's a short ride. Camera system comes up on the smart phone anyway.
Got a late start this year despite my best efforts. Had the stock 8.2 open rear axle in my wife's 65 421 Tripower (real GTO) Royal Bobcat Tribute car replaced by a Quick Performance Ford 9" rear axle assembly and UMI suspension parts, along with a Wilwood 4 wheel disc brake
system. That left me little time to tinker with her freshly restored 3 Rochester 2bbl carbs and my just returned from Promax 3 Holley 2bbl carbs.
By Tuesday afternoon the cars were washed and ready to go.
I put my new bucket seats in just in time for the week of Cruisin.
20181002_115630.jpg 20181002_115304.jpg
Here are both cars at the end of Blessing of the Classics in Diamondhead (that was fun)
20181003_162219.jpg

Back