• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Year One can pound sand!!

moparchris

Reaction score
So I get an email telling me how much Year One appreciates my business. They are sending a "once in a lifetime opportunity" 30% off my next order!! Yay!! So I decide to check it out. I go to their website and order a gas tank, a new float for the sender, a new inlet sock, and new studs/nuts. Then I proceed to check out and type in my very secret code of "cyber11" and I get a discount of ....................... NOTHING!!! I even get the priveledge of paying almost $100 to ship it. And it wont ship for 1-4 weeks!! Now I may be like the luckiest man on earth to have such an opportunity. F them I hope they go out of business. Rant over. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I just threw that card out! I think you usually have to spend over $1000 or $1500 to get the big discount. IIRC!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I doubt that a month goes by that I don't post something on here about how much they suck; not a surprise to me by even one iota... :leave:

droptop

Reaction score
It is amazing to me that they are still in business. I don't know anyone that uses them.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
years ago i bought all kinds of stuff from them.....they can stick it up there ass with there prices

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Year One has been doing the 30% off (with restrictions) seemingly every other day. With that discount, their prices come close to other vendors like classic industries. Yeah, I avoid YO when I am looking for something.
I will say their customer service is good, shipping is way high.

Remember the early 90's? Year One were the main place to get stuff.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Year One has been doing the 30% off (with restrictions) seemingly every other day. With that discount, their prices come close to other vendors like classic industries. Yeah, I avoid YO when I am looking for something.
I will say their customer service is good, shipping is way high.

Remember the early 90's? Year One were the main place to get stuff.
Very restrictive and the high shipping covers their free return shipping. Now on top of that they would like a couple more bucks for shipping assurance :devil:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
They have the wiring hanress exclusives and maybe the nice quality lift off hood going for them. That would be about it.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
there for a whlle l was gettlng cards from them almost weekly but haven't gotten one for a whlle. the onlt tlme l buy from them ls after l get a free shlpplng card from them at The Nats. l thought Hardens was beter to deal wlth.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
SomeCarGuy said:
They have the wiring hanress exclusives and maybe the nice quality lift off hood going for them. That would be about it.
Go to the source and skip the middleman http://www.evanswiring.com/

Evans is not the source for GOOD Quality wiring harnesses.

The year ones are made by M&H out in California.

I had a harness made by evans for my runner and didn't use it you have to check all terminals to see if they are crimped and tight.

I had to solder all most every crimp on the wagon harness as they were all loose on evans harness and he just blew me off when I called and told him about it!

Then I called M&h and asked them if they can make up a harness for the 66 wagon and now have it on the car(much cheaper then evans to) as year one didn't carry it.

I ended up buying the GOOD ones from year one and that's all I will buy from them. :cents:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
abodybill said:
69hemibeep said:
SomeCarGuy said:
Go to the source and skip the middleman http://www.evanswiring.com/

Evans is not the source for GOOD Quality wiring harnesses.

The year ones are made by M&H out in California.

I had a harness made by evans for my runner and didn't use it you have to check all terminals to see if they are crimped and tight.

I had to solder all most every crimp on the wagon harness as they were all loose on evans harness and he just blew me off when I called and told him about it!

Then I called M&h and asked them if they can make up a harness for the 66 wagon and now have it on the car(much cheaper then evans to) as year one didn't carry it.

I ended up buying the GOOD ones from year one and that's all I will buy from them. :cents:
I was led to believe Evans made them, I stand corrected :D

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
I leanerned the hard way and just don't want anybody to throw away money and if you do throw it out my way. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

moparchris

Reaction score
I put an M&H wiring harness on my Bee and it was a work of art and fit perfectly. Some of the plugs looking slightly different. M&H is in Santa Fe Springs Ca.

bobbyb

Reaction score
I went on thier web site last week to order the filter sock that goes in the tank, cost was around $16 and $15 for shipping which I thought was a little high considering the filter weighs about as much as a piece of paper. So I went on ebay and found one for $10 including shipping.

moparstuart

Reaction score
moparchris said:
I put an M&H wiring harness on my Bee and it was a work of art and fit perfectly. Some of the plugs looking slightly different. M&H is in Santa Fe Springs Ca.
yeah there 69's are great , try one of there 70 harnesses (F$#&EN) nightmare

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
bobbyb said:
I went on thier web site last week to order the filter sock that goes in the tank, cost was around $16 and $15 for shipping which I thought was a little high considering the filter weighs about as much as a piece of paper. So I went on ebay and found one for $10 including shipping.

Sounds about right... :lol:

Their shipping and handling charges have always been a bit on the predatory pricing side... :cents:

dobie

Reaction score
I still use them from time to time. When I first got my car, I didnt know a whole lot about it. (still don't) Year One was nice in that I didnt have to worry about returning anything. Case in point...... Back in 2006 I bought a green headliner for my Bird. Last year I decided to change my interior to black, over time of course. I called them up and asked if I was stuck with the green one. (still brand new, in the box.) I shipped it back 5 years later and they gave me full credit for it.

A lot of companies will exchange things, or give credit, but I don't know too many of them that will 5 years later, either in this industry or not. For the little things I look elsewhere, as their shipping charges are high. For items that I question about from time to time, I'll continue to use them, as Im prone to making mistakes when buying stuff!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I got another 30% card in the mail today! The discount breakdown is, up to $499 gets 20%, $500 to 1000 gets 25%, and over $1000 gets the 30%. i do use them once in a while. In a very few cases I actually found them to be cheaper then other places. But this card has already been properly filed!!!! :yesnod:

Back