• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New pre-bent brake lines.

moparmonk

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions on what brand pre-bent brake lines to buy? I have checked into Inline Tube and Classic Tube so far. Any others I should try? Looking for a manual drum, above right frame rail 8 3/4 car. Thanks all.

dobie

Reaction score
I used The Right Stuff fuel and brake lines. No problems with fit or function. I'd definitely use them again.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I used Inline and they fit great

:yeathat:

They have really good sale prices also. I bought fuel lines, brake lines, and emergency brake cables for Bambi last year @ MoPars w/ Big Daddy. Free shipping. When I received them they had mistakenly sent me the OE brake lines instead of the SS that I had ordered. Immediately sent me a replacement set via FedEx before I could even return the incorrect ones. YOU CANNOT BEAT THEIR SERVICE. :cents:

If you don't have to have them right away I'd wait and buy them at a show.

moparperf

Reaction score
I used fine lines for all my fuel, brake, and trans lines. Fit perfect and they have a great tec department.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I feel so foolish going to the parts store and dropping $20 on a roll of line and making my own.....:acme::jester:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
what is cool is those nickel/copper lines you buy at the parts store.....can bend them by hand without kinking them

dussrwild

Reaction score
I bought my brake and fuel lines at the NATS this year from Right Stuff. Got SS for the price of OEM. Fit great.

valleyson_69

Reaction score
I realize this thread was posted in 2013 however, I would like to add some input regarding pre-bent lines for future rebuilds. I bought my brake and fuel line kit from Classic Tube before moving south to North Carolina thinking I could transport them saving shipping and not having them bent so they could be shipped. Now, 2 years later while trying to install these, I have had nothing but problems. The 3/8 fuel line had to be totally re-bent to meet at the tank. Bending 3/8 line on your back is NOT easily accomplished. The front to back brake line fit pretty good. Now , I am trying to install the front lines from the proportional valve to the master cyl. and calipers. These lines are not even close to fitting. I do not know what they are supposed to fit but, they do not fit a 69' RR Being 600 miles away from Lancaster, NY, returning them is NOT an option. Besides, if they don't fit now, what says the will the next time around. I am about to scrap them and bend my own. I hope this info helps anyone considering getting lines from Classic Tube.

valleyson_69

Reaction score
I also re-ordered the caliper lines and master cyl. to proportional valve lines from Right Stuff. Those lines fit perfectly without any hassle.

mahoney0_00_3

Reaction score
the right stuff is good and they fit right on the car buy s steel lines also got disc brake assy car stops like no OEM disc brakes did and they are cheap--500 for the front assy rt/lt side winter time.jpggot the runners inside and for the winter AL

winter time.jpg

mcmopar

Reaction score
I used The Right Stuff fuel and brake lines. No problems with fit or function. I'd definitely use them again.

Yeah I used them for my pre-bent brake lines as well. Funny thing was their patterns didn't fit my car (front disc/rear drum) so after trying two different sets (they paid for all shipping to me and back to them) they asked for pics of my setup. After seeing the pics they said "if you want to send us your old ones we'll custom bend you a replacement set and use yours as the pattern." They also used mine as a pattern for their product line as they had not seen my pattern before. They were great during the whole thing and I was highly impressed with their dedication to customer service.

Back