• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedy_Bird Intro

Speedy_Bird

Reaction score
My name is Rick. I live in Slidell, LA. My family has owned Mopars since the 40’s. I recently acquired 69 Roadrunner convertible which needs lots of help. The car was a barn find and does not have a drive train. I joined the forum to learn more about restoring the car and to find parts.

quikbird

Reaction score
welcome,

step one will be to decide what the end result will be. do you want a numbers matching factory original restoration, do you want a rr with some upgrades like brakes etc?
once you decide that ask away. there are a lot of people here who can help no matter what path you take on YOUR bird

Speedy_Bird

Reaction score
I was planning on making a cruiser/driver out of it. I am planning on doing some upgrades such as buckets seats, console, 4 speed and possibly more.

Here are some pics.

DSCF1372.jpgDSCF1374.jpgDSCF1383.jpgDSCF1386.jpgDSCF1382.jpg

DSCF1372.jpg

DSCF1374.jpg

DSCF1383.jpg

DSCF1386.jpg

DSCF1382.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
A Diamond in the ruff, but looks like a great project. Is that your red Chrysler? Need to see that C Body too!

rockdog2112

Reaction score
My name is Rick. I live in Slidell, LA. My family has owned Mopars since the 40’s. I recently acquired 69 Roadrunner convertible which needs lots of help. The car was a barn find and does not have a drive train. I joined the forum to learn more about restoring the car and to find parts.

Welcome! You have come to the right place. These guys have helped me a ton the last few weeks. Good luck on your project. I can actually drive my 69 on a daily basis now.

Speedy_Bird

Reaction score
The Roadrunner is in my father's garage and that is his red 1970 Newport that you see in a few of the pictures. The Roadrunner is a father/son project.

MsBeep

Reaction score
Welcome Rick from Alberta, Canada. It looks like you have quite a bit to work with on the drop-top 'runner and your Dad's Newport is looking good also. I am partial to the Red Cars...:groucho:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well I dunno so much about a Red car :)acme:) but I like ther C Bodies

Back