• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stuie

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Tell us about this Viper 6 spd your installing :nachos: :cartman: :popcorn:

moparstuart

Reaction score
not bought it yet
but i think I found a viper 6 speed manual tranny for 800.00 bucks so i'm
seriously considering the install

you have to cut the tranny tunnel out so thats my hang up right now but my buddy scott did it
in his 70 challenger convertible ( that has been allover HOT ROD magazine this year) . So he has just about convinced me to pull the trigger .

scottstrans tunnel (2).jpg

P6250089dhtgdfr.JPG

P6260113dgt.JPG

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that sounds like the cat's meow, Stuie. Go for it!!! :cheers:

Robert, where did you pick up on this little tidbit of knowledge...? :popcorn:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:

I had to go over to FBBO to find out he hurt the transmission and was leaning this way. I don't think he likes us much :jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:

I had to go over to FBBO to find out he hurt the transmission and was leaning this way. I don't think he likes us much :jester:
you keep denying paternity I have been so hurt :basketcase: :basketcase: :basketcase:

Yes i Blew up the grannymatic racing a 74 cuda with a 5.7 hemi in it :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
The tranny gernaded at 100 MPH (override clutch possible ? ) so perfect time to switch to a manual . just have to decide which way to go . :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Its just begging for the six speed. You have made the car to what you like to this point, why stop. :yesnod:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Its just begging for the six speed. You have made the car to what you like to this point, why stop. :yesnod:
because i like simple easy change over stuff , this major modifying stuff seems to get out of hand and turn into a major fiasco . Thats what i dont want to happen .

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
how asbout the Passion 5 speed? that's supposed to be a no mod fit. That Chally is a beautiful car :thumbsup: But these modern engines just don't have the "look" an old school engine does.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
how asbout the Passion 5 speed? that's supposed to be a no mod fit. That Chally is a beautiful car :thumbsup: But these modern engines just don't have the "look" an old school engine does.
You're right about that Dave. With all those plastic covers they put on the new engines you can't even tell there is an engine under all that crap! That sounds like an interesting idea Stuie! Beside the tranny tunnel what mods would you have to mate that tranny to the engine?

moparstuart

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Basketcase said:
You're right about that Dave. With all those plastic covers they put on the new engines you can't even tell there is an engine under all that crap! That sounds like an interesting idea Stuie! Beside the tranny tunnel what mods would you have to mate that tranny to the engine?
nothing really it takes a different tranny crossmember and a shorter drive shaft . BUt lake wood and Quicktime both have bell housings that bolt right up to the viper tranny and 440

I'm thinking hydrolic clutch too cause i'm feable :) but you can use a standard clutch and linkage set up also

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Basketcase said:
You're right about that Dave. With all those plastic covers they put on the new engines you can't even tell there is an engine under all that crap! ?
Can't see mine do to the air cleaner :lol:

roadrunner restoration 998 (520x390).jpg

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Roadcuda said:
Basketcase said:
You're right about that Dave. With all those plastic covers they put on the new engines you can't even tell there is an engine under all that crap! ?
Can't see mine do to the air cleaner :lol:
but yours is a thing of BEAUTY!!!!! :drive:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
be interesting to see how she runs with that.looks heavy...
and just what is that supposed to be next to Mickey's sign?

Back