• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Went to a car show for the first time in years

jays69bird

Reaction score
It has been a while,but this one was for a good cause. On July 8th our local drive in (Midway drive in) one of only about 400 left in the country lost it's screen to a severe storm that hit our area. The insurance covered only the cost of replacing the original 1948 wooden screen. Unfortunately due to modern codes the screen has to be steel which was three times the cost. The local community has rallied to help out to save our drive in, a lot of us grew up there,( heck quite a few were probably conceived there ! ) A car show was held Sunday on the grounds to help out. There where 160 cars in attendance , but only one Road Runner !
roadrunner.jpg

69B5

Reaction score
It's a good thing you took your RR.
It's a great vert and I bet it got a lot of attention.
Is that water I see in the last picture?
Just go's to show nothing keeps our cars in the nest!!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
nice! we've got one drive in left around here. has three screens.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The only drive in I know of around here has 9 screens about 8 miles south of us

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I practically grew up going to drive ins' as my mother worked for nearly 50 years as a cashier and assistant manager at one. I got to see all the major first run movies of the 60s and 70s. They closed in '95 but there are still 3 drive ins' open in CT.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I was going to go to that show, but had too much stuff to do and a family commitment that kept me away.

Good to see that it had a good turnout!

mcmopar

Reaction score
It has been a while,but this one was for a good cause. On July 8th our local drive in (Midway drive in) one of only about 400 left in the country lost it's screen to a severe storm that hit our area. The insurance covered only the cost of replacing the original 1948 wooden screen. Unfortunately due to modern codes the screen has to be steel which was three times the cost. The local community has rallied to help out to save our drive in, a lot of us grew up there,( heck quite a few were probably conceived there ! ) A car show was held Sunday on the grounds to help out. There where 160 cars in attendance , but only one Road Runner !
roadrunner.jpg

Hope you can all save it. And I just looove that T3!

Back