• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Windshield Wipers Not Symmetrical

69RNR

Reaction score
A LOT of you were kind enough to help me get these working, but they are "off". If you look at the drivers side you tell it's higher than the passengers. When I run 'em the drivers side goes off the windshield. Can anybody tell me where that adjustment is made? As always, thank you in advance.
0c210c641c4a6a51b6d8effb10f363b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

dmartin

Reaction score
You should be able to take back off and turn it to match the other one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
pull the wiper arm off the pivot (careful not to scratch the paint!) and adjust as needed.and I'd say the passenger arm needs up a touch.

droptop

Reaction score
Agreed. The pass side is to low (hitting the trim) and the driver side is to high. Lift the arm and slide the locking tab out to unload the spring. You should then be able to remove from the shaft and relocate them in the proper positions.

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I'm with drop top on that one. They make a tool for taking them off but don't know what it looks like. Some of them use to use a bent screw drive to push the clip. Well cant have wiper's not in sink. Russ. :applouse:

69RNR

Reaction score
I'm going to break this bastard. I pulling that tab back but it won't slide off! I got pissed and walked away. :brickwall: I'll try again this weekend.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
you need to move the tab back, and pry the wiper arm up at the same time...side to side. and be mindful of the paint. swing by, I'll give you a hand...:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
my car may not be painted...but my wipers work. :acme:

dmartin

Reaction score
Yea man when you get mad or frustrated at your bird, man just walk away cause if your like me I tend to tear up stuff when things go awry and it can get costly

69RNR

Reaction score
Yea man when you get mad or frustrated at your bird, man just walk away cause if your like me I tend to tear up stuff when things go awry and it can get costly

Yep! Already happened to me with my window vent. Used the channel locks to turn the lever and snapped that bastard right off! Wonder what that'll cost me!
d2b5195d25ad2ee58a862af9230c3ebb.jpg

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
HPIM4690.gif

You Need One Of These !!

I have one of those. It was on that big tool trailer at Carlisle and just a couple bucks... I couldn't pass it up.

dmartin

Reaction score
Yep! Already happened to me with my window vent. Used the channel locks to turn the lever and snapped that bastard right off! Wonder what that'll cost me!
d2b5195d25ad2ee58a862af9230c3ebb.jpg

I'll look tomorrow to see if I have an extra one

Back