• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

15 inch steel wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any 15 inch steel wheels that would fit the RR for the poverty look?

The tire shop said the 2 backs I have were too bad to balance.

I initially was going to go with the '69 500 look but I am actually liking the hubcap look now. Tires are 225 70 or 75's so 6.5 inch should do.

Spring is in the air and time to get back at this so I can get it back on the road.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
Just wondering if anyone has any 15 inch steel wheels that would fit the RR for the poverty look?

I initially was going to go with the '69 500 look but I am actually liking the hubcap look now. Tires are 225 70 or 75's so 6.5 inch should do.

Spring is in the air and time to get back at this so I can get it back on the road.
I can't imagine you will have any trouble finding them, but have you looked into having them straitened? I have no clue how much or if you have a local guy that does that kind of thing. Shipping would make it to expensive right off the bat. Just don't toss them yet!

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I talked to the tire guys and they looked at me like I was from mars. They knew no one.

I stopped by a restoration shop in town here. He puts out a good product and price too. He knew of no one. I actually stopped by with one of my Rally IIs for the Firebird.

The 15's I have are not numbers wheels or anything. I think they were from a van or something. I paid perhaps $20 each if that back then.

I will attempt a google search and see if there is anyone around here. A buddy of mine who had a few tire stores around is another option. He got one of those offers he could not refuse. He is now sipping something in a warm place with an umbrella in it.

We will see.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score

chapdog105

Reaction score
Big John said:

Looks like some people have had a lot of problems with them. That's good to know.

What about Paulsen's?? Anyone have good or bad experience with them?
I have my eye on a set of Magnum 500's. It will be the last step in my restoration. Hope I can afford them this year.
If I can't, I'll slap my hub caps on til I can swing it.

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Thanks John,

Better the bad news up front than to have the car on jack stands for a few months saying dang it and order in the '68 500 look.

I got hold of a fellow back in my old stomping grounds who has about twenty finished projects. He said there is a guy on the east side of town that advertises straightening wheels.

I ask how's his product and his price? I get the worst answer I can get. "Honestly, mine never needed straightening, so I don't know."

So I will drop in and see what his operation looks like when work takes me that way. I guess I get to be a guinea pig again!

In the meantime anyone have any straight wheels? 15 inch to fit a RR.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
FYI, Stockton Wheels shut down operation earlier this week.

Yesterday, Frank Mauro Jr, owner of Stockton Wheels, killed himself.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Big John said:

I just read that also on another forum. It's sad for everyone involved.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
It is sad but I consider it a cowards way out, without even knowing the issues.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Big John said:

I just read that also on another forum. It's sad for everyone involved.
wow....sad

hillsglass

Reaction score
Ihave 4 with dog dish capssend me a email to glass52@ptd.net
meepbeep69 said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back