• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 'cuda INTRO

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
The 1968 Chevelle is actually another one of my son's cars. Although it's not a true SS, it is sporting a big block. This was his first musclecar. Unless the deal falls through, he just sold the car. It will be moving to someone in Oklahoma.
0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
The pickup is a 1928 Model A. My fiancee inherited it when her dad passed away. The body is awfully rough and we're not planning on putting a whole lot of money in it. When she got it she was told that it was in running condition. It wouldn't crank over for us. I found a dead short in the starter and have yet to get it fixed. I did start work on the interior though. I figured that every Model A should have an overhead console and DVD player. The upholstery was intended for golf carts. - Anybody notice the B-Body arm rests yet?
0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
Capt.jpg

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Capt.jpg

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
After selling the '68 Chevelle, it didn't take him long to find another replacement project. 2010 SRT8. Most of the repairs have been done but it still needs minor body work and re-painted. It was an eBay purchase again. This time from North Carolina.
0.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg18.jpg10.jpg9.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg19.jpg

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
The first post that I made on this site was in the PROJECTS section a few days ago. I hadn't noticed that there was a separate section for introductions. - oops. I'm a non-recovering Moparaholic. I live in Nebraska. These are a few pictures of some of the projects I have going on.
View attachment 5478View attachment 5477
View attachment 5484View attachment 5476
View attachment 5483View attachment 5479
View attachment 5482View attachment 5480
View attachment 5481View attachment 5485

Very cool collection I love the old F/C, welcome from NorCal, Sonora area

Budnicks

Reaction score
I picked up the funnycar back in the late seventies. It's a 1970 Duster body. Although I'd never raced it I had bought it as a 'someday project'.
View attachment 5595
View attachment 5596
It does not have the original chassis. The guy I bought it from was trying to set the car up as a two passenger vehicle to use as a show car. A business out of Lincoln, Nebraska called BLUE ENGINEERING had built the new chassis. They were well known locally for building sprint car chassis. It's got a rack & pinion front, torsion arm suspension. 16 X 14 monocoque rear wheels and 15 X 4 Cragar S/S's up front.
View attachment 5591
This is a picture of the car back when it was still being raced in the late seventies.
View attachment 5594
My plan was to install this stroked 331 Hemi that I had. It came out of a fiberglass turtledeck T gasser that I'd bought. It's running an old HOWARD roller cam, forged 13&1/2 to 1 pistons, aluminum roller rockers, a HOWARD finned fuelie front cover, block girdle, Cragar blower manifold,etc... When I bought it - it was running six Stromberg carbs.
View attachment 5588
One of my favorite quotes.
View attachment 5589
The car was vandalized by teenagers about six years ago. They trampled down the roof on it and cracked the sides.
View attachment 5598
I decided that I needed to finally start doing something with it a year ago. So I began stripping the metalflake paint off of it. I knew the fiberglass could all still be repaired.
View attachment 5597
I had always loved the early funnycars. The body on this one seems to have been identical to one that McCewen had run. Underneath the metalflake paint there was another paint scheme that was similar (if not the same) to his blue and white Hot Wheels car. None of the original lettering was evident. I could tell that the rear roof vent was added later. I've compared the body's under structure with photos of McCewen's car and they're identical. His also was made with the same amount of chop and stretch.
View attachment 5593
My plan had always been to race it as an econo-funnycar.
View attachment 5592
Over the years I had tried to sell it but could never find anyone interested.
View attachment 5590
Very cool project, had a few F/C's & Altered's in my day too

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
Since I first posted, the '68 Chevelle has made it's way to Oklahoma. So it's gone now.

1.jpg

I've had a nibble on the '69 Chevelle even though I wasn't trying to sell it.

2.jpg

My son has started to tinker with the idea of doing an AAR theme on his SRT8 and painting it red.

6.jpg

It would be similar to the red one pictured but would use the style of hood that's on the white car.

4.jpg5.JPG

The '67 Barracuda is slowly progressing as I await a new stroker motor for it.

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.JPG

6.jpg

Budnicks

Reaction score
Since I first posted, the '68 Chevelle has made it's way to Oklahoma. So it's gone now.

View attachment 5969

I've had a nibble on the '69 Chevelle even though I wasn't trying to sell it.

View attachment 5970

My son has started to tinker with the idea of doing an AAR theme on his SRT8 and painting it red.

View attachment 5974

It would be similar to the red one pictured but would use the style of hood that's on the white car.

View attachment 5972View attachment 5973

The '67 Barracuda is slowly progressing as I await a new stroker motor for it.

View attachment 5971

Nice collection

Back