• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Grille/Headlight Bezel Restoration...

stuka1166

Reaction score
Hello all...

I dropped off my Grille and Headlight Bezels to a local metal finisher last October...I just found out he hasn't even touched them.

Is there are reputable place that can do this for me ??

Thanks !!!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
there's a guy over on FBBO that does great work, but can't think of his name at the moment.

A12

Reaction score
Hello all...

I dropped off my Grille and Headlight Bezels to a local metal finisher last October...I just found out he hasn't even touched them.

Is there are reputable place that can do this for me ??

Thanks !!!

That seems to be SOP for these metal finishers of late. :mad: I had my '68 road runner trunk finish panel at one place for close to two years, but I'll have to say I gave him three trunk finish panels and stupidly said I "wasn't in a real hurry for it" DUH! Tell them up front that is they can't get to it within a certain time frame you want it back.................then you can take it to another place and keep adding to the wait time :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
That seems to be SOP for these metal finishers of late.

and body shops,machine shops....

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If memory serves me correct the guy on FBBO polishes the bright work but does not put the proper coating back on to keep it from getting dull. Check on it because aluminum oxidizes quickly

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
The guy on FBBO doesn't do anything you couldn't do yourself.

Buy an Eastwood kit for buffing aluminum and a Harbor Fright buffer and you can do it yourself. You will have to strip the anodizing off before buffing... but that's easy with oven cleaner.

You can then have it reanodized or powdercoated with clear. You can just leave it, but expect to polish it once in a while. The other option is this stuff: http://www.shineseal.com/ I have no personal experience, but I have read that it works well.

stuka1166

Reaction score
Thanks for the info...I did contact another fellow...going to send it to him...He will get it done sooner and cheaper then the local guy, I wasted so much time with.

Back