• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 plymouth roadrunner tac.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hope you and every one else has a good one. Remember it is all about those who gave their lives for our freedom. :usflag:

Last edited:

Big Mo

Reaction score
Just put in a new fuel tank, so I know that end is good. It started acting up when I was reaching back there to replace the high beam indicator bulb. So think there is some wire issues on the cluster.
It looks like the wire bundle has been cobbled up by previous owners, so am proceeding with caution behind the cluster. Thanks for the input!! Also the temp guage is acting up... Looks like I may be pulling the cluster and checking wiring in the near future...
Hi Fred. Big Mo here. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you but here is a little insight on my wire experiences. Like Russ commented I had my dash out and that made it much easier to get to the wires. I do not like the squeeze on connectors so where there was a splice I soldered and shrink wrapped. Also a wire diagram is VERY helpful. It will be harder for you to get access to your wires but I think you can. One thing I can tell you is it takes a LOT OF PATIENCE. Good luck Big Mo.

Fred69Runner

Reaction score
Hi Fred. Big Mo here. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you but here is a little insight on my wire experiences. Like Russ commented I had my dash out and that made it much easier to get to the wires. I do not like the squeeze on connectors so where there was a splice I soldered and shrink wrapped. Also a wire diagram is VERY helpful. It will be harder for you to get access to your wires but I think you can. One thing I can tell you is it takes a LOT OF PATIENCE. Good luck Big Mo.
Big Mo, Thanks for the reply. I also am not a fan of the squeeze connectors and solder and shrink wrap wherever I can. I normally use Aircraft terminal ends on all my connections,a habit from my A&P mechanic days... I'm probably going to wait until fall when I put it away for the winter and then pull the cluster and go through it top to bottom. I'm thinking about retrofitting a Borch 2&3/8" tach into the cluster where the clock/tach filler is. Will see if that will work after I get the cluster removed. Thanks, Fred

Back