• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1969 Plymouth Road Runner Original matching numbers 383 V8 engine Automatic transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That price is up their for a car that need's that much work. Once you peel back the paint and get into it think you would see a lot more that has to be done. The price is kind of out their considering all the money needed for the rust repair and inside work. Motor would need to be over hauled with that many miles on it. The dollars just keep adding up. LOL.

kariverson

Reaction score
I made on offer on it yesterday. He is willing to negotiate! I was missing about 3 grand from his counteroffer or I would have gotten it.

kariverson

Reaction score
The original listing price on this has been lowered. I am honestly quite surprised this hasn't sold yet. Seems like an great opportunity to me. Yes a fixer upper for sure, but it's a complete car with a matching # engine that's doesn't seem to need much metalwork, if any. It's a shame I'm sort on $$ or it.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Funny thing is the motor in my car was running no noise. But once tore down found it would have had to be bored to 60 over or sleeved to have it at 30 over. Crank had ware that could not be fixed on carrier bearing. So that is just because it runs don't mean the motor is in good shape. Had to buy another block cost 400. Plus shipping. So where able to go 20 over on the cylinder's. Went through the hole motor another crank 10 thou. over through out. New connecting rod's new piston's -rings. New valves push rod's. Non leaded seat's. Timing chain and gear's. Ended up 7 thou. in motor when all done. Then new distributor. Water pump. Fuel pump. New oil pan. All new electrical. So It went on and on. Sorry your short on cash. Maybe you will get the one you want. Good luck on the search.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back