• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Road Runner bucket seat question

Meep-Meep

Reaction score
It's been a while since I took these apart and can't remember the details. I have four shoulder bolts that attach the seat back to the bottom but only two have a large OD metal clad rubber washer. The other two have nothing. From the marking on the washer it appears they go on the outside of the arm but only two? Should there one under each bolt head - four total? Also is there any plastic washer that goes between the seat back hinge and seat bottom. I'm thinking to protect the vinyl as the seat back is tilted. I'm also surprised I didn't see this broken down in any of my service manuals. Thanks in advance for any information.

IMG_2038 (Large).jpgIMG_2039 (Large).jpg

IMG_2038 (Large).jpg

IMG_2039 (Large).jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
check in the tech section here, I think the FSM shows this.

Meep-Meep

Reaction score
Good point! Maybe there is an assembly manual or something. I just don't' have that info at home.

eddiebarrett

Reaction score
When we tear down seats the plastic washers are always in different locations . We always make sure there is a larger washer in between bracket and vinyl as well as a small one on sleeve side .

Back