• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Road Runner console wiring

Meep-Meep

Reaction score
My car originally came as a 4 spd console and I was wondering if I'm missing the mating connector to the console wiring (see pic showing six pin connector). This has been such a long drawn out project and I know I had to make some harness repairs and could have very well caused my own problem (or commonly referred to as shooting one's self in the foot). I also remember getting some parts harnesses from a buddy so could I have put in a harness that didn't have this connector? Most of my cars over the years were bench seat, plus I was spending my time under the hood installing go fast parts rather than doing yoga under the dash.

IMG_2040 (Large).jpg

IMG_2040 (Large).jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
been a while since i've had a console...IIRC there is a small harness that plugs in behind the kick panel (the one in your pic) that contains the wires for the console lights.

Meep-Meep

Reaction score
Since I can't find it anywhere near by I'm thinking it got left out during my wiring fiasco.

Meep-Meep

Reaction score
Ohhhh, that helps a lot! You have way more stuff in that kick panel than I do. I figured that the mating connector had to be in that area so this confirms my harness is not correct. I can make the lights work by running a hot wire from the dome light circuit to the orange terminal so maybe that's what I'll do. None of the other wires are necessary for my application. Hmmm, let me think about those "extra" wires for a bit. I can certainly make use of them as a phone charger in the console. Thanks!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Mine has the light package and rear speaker so there are a few wires in there

Back