• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1969 Roadrunner $20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoosier R/T

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I am selling the Roadrunner below for a deceased friend. He passed in 2006 and the car was sitting in his garage since. It was last plated in 2004. His wife contacted me and asked if I could help sell the car. As you can imagine, it was not drivable, so I have went through it and got it roadworthy again. I have had it out for a few 4 mile runs and this thing is a beast, It is all the things you would want from an old street fighter. I have a 2010 Chalenger R/T and two kids in college, otherwise I would buy it and have fun with it. I have been into old Mopars since I was in high school in 1977 and this one is very nice. No rust and was repainted in 2004. It is not numbers matching as the drive train has been upgraded. She wants $20,000 for it. Car is at my house in Terre Haute, IN.

1969 Plymouth Roadrunner VIN# RM23H9G249173

Dark B5 Blue / Black bench seat interior
Cragar S/S P215/70R14 front and P255/60-R15 rear BF Goodrich T/As
72 440 CI HP motor rebuilt less than 1000 miles ago 450 HP
Hooker Competition Headers
M1 Single Plane Intake P/N P4532174
Holley 850 Double Pumper Mechanical Secondary's
Mopar electronic ignition centrifugal w/ tach drive MSD 7AL2 ignition box
Solid Motor Mounts
26" Radiator
Scattershield Bellhousing w/Hemi 4-speed
Dana 60 w/4.10 gears
Hurst Shifter
Manual Steering / Manual Brakes
AM/FM Cassette Aftermarket Stereo

New:
Gas Tank with new 3/8" sending unit
840 CCA Battery
Master Cylinder and Rear Brakes w/wheel cylinders
Carb Rebuilt
Heater Core

Extras:
Original 383 Motor matches VIN
Non-Original 23-spline transmission with broken mount bolt flange.
5) 14" Rally Wheels with P225/70 15R Eagle ST

toms iphone 03-15-15 017.jpgtoms iphone 03-15-15 085.jpgtoms iphone 03-15-15 034.jpgtoms iphone 3-29-2015 003.jpgtoms iphone 03-15-15 005.jpg

toms iphone 03-15-15 017.jpg

toms iphone 03-15-15 085.jpg

toms iphone 03-15-15 034.jpg

toms iphone 3-29-2015 003.jpg

toms iphone 03-15-15 005.jpg

Hoosier R/T

Reaction score
The VIN on the dash is RM23H9G249173 and matches the title so we have a good title and legal car in any state. However, the VIN on the dash and title is a RM23 which I thought would be a hardtop with roll down rear windows. This car has the pop out rear windows attached to the "post" which makes it a post car (I thought). That is where I am confused. I have been working all weekend and need to attend a dinner this evening, but will go out and check the core support for a VIN stamping. I did post this car on the "forbbodiesonly.com" website and have some different pictures showing VIN tag and VIN stamped on the spare (original 383) block. Have a look at that site. Thanks Guys,,,

Ranger

Reaction score
Ahh, I didn't notice the pop out rear window. That would make it an RM21. :huh:

Hoosier R/T

Reaction score
Thanks for the sanity check Ranger. I did check the core support a minute ago and the VIN that is on the fender tag is present. The person stamping the core support might have been dyslexic as the number should have been 9E 124603 (on the RM21 fender tag and it reads E9 124603. Oh well.

Ahh, I didn't notice the pop out rear window. That would make it an RM21. :huh:

mahoney0_00_3

Reaction score
so I am wondering too? know does the title match the car?RM21 is pop out side window(know as a coupe) rm23 is a hard top---the windows rolls down and no post it is open --vent window to Q's--ck the rear lip of the trunk /d/s and the #'s are on the lip

Hoosier R/T

Reaction score
I did go out and check the trunk lip on the drivers side and found no VIN stamped. I then checked every part of the trunk lip area and still found nothing. At this time the VIN on the dash appears unaltered (still has the rosette rivets that look original) that matches the title and it is clear. So - I would consider this car a non- numbers matching car as the body numbers (and the fender tag) do not match the title VIN. I am not sure where to go from here other than I am not making a penny off this deal, as the deceased owner had always taken care of me when I needed any dirt work around the farm, and would not take any money for his time, only fuel for his dozer, track-hoe or back-hoe. Thanks,,,

so I am wondering too? know does the title match the car?RM21 is pop out side window(know as a coupe) rm23 is a hard top---the windows rolls down and no post it is open --vent window to Q's--ck the rear lip of the trunk /d/s and the #'s are on the lip

Ranger

Reaction score
It's still a nice car and (I think) a great deal. I am not at all unhappy with the car I purchased, but like I said, had you posted this before I found mine, I'd have jumped on it.

ALFERALFER

Reaction score
Here is the picture of the fender tag you posted on forbbodiesonly.

It matches the type of the car correctly.

Clipboard69.jpg

So that seems to me that the title and dashboard/vintag are from a different car completely.

Clipboard69.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back