• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Roadrunner Fender Code help needed

artiststan

Reaction score
I have a 69 green roadrunner with about 3/4 of the build sheet. I went to this Backeast company in Colorado to get a fender tag. They told me that the A Plant (lynch road) tags are completely different and they require Gate Sequence, Line Sequence, and Base Sequence to produce the tag and those numbers do not come off the build sheet.

Also the build sheet is partially destroyed so I don't have a build date. Any ideas on that?

They recommended that I ask around and see if someone will have an idea of what those numbers could be for my car.

Where would I start to get these sequence numbers? Stan

ps And if you know of anyone else who can do tags for me and might have that info, please advise.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Those numbers are unique to each car. You would need a build date just to make a wild guess after comparing other cars from that date. Drive it and have fun.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also the build sheet is partially destroyed so I don't have a build date. Any ideas on that?

Look for a number on the front of your K-Member. This should get you in the ball park. They were stamped when the engines were mated to the K-Member. It will be very close to your car's actual build date - probably within one to four days typically. Mine is "1559", which is the 155th day of 1969. This was June 4, 1969 which was a Wednesday. I have always assumed that my car was probably built on Friday the 6th of June.

Back