• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 RR disc brake conversion (14")

mike mal

Reaction score
What will be my easiest conversion using my stock 14" wheel?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is one of the best articles to ever cover the subject of using factory components for this upgrade:

http://www.moparaction.com/tech/archive/disc-main.html

Simply stated, if you use a factory conversion you can run 14" wheels as long as you stay away from the larger 11.75" rotors.

There are many aftermarket options available; ask the manufacturer about wheel sizes if you opt to go this route. Good luck. :cheers:

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Here is one of the best articles to ever cover the subject of using factory components for this upgrade:

http://www.moparaction.com/tech/archive/disc-main.html

Simply stated, if you use a factory conversion you can run 14" wheels as long as you stay away from the larger 11.75" rotors.

There are many aftermarket options available; ask the manufacturer about wheel sizes if you opt to go this route. Good luck. :cheers:
X2 :thumbsup:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
After talking to people and reading everything, there is one thing that needs to be stressed. Buy a disc brake master cylinder. I'm doing a similar conversion to my 53 Chrysler and I've been hearing more and more that you can "get away" with using the standard master cylinder.

This issue is this.... the standard drum brake master cylinder does not have the reserve capacity for fluid that a disc brake caliper needs. While everything will work right when things are good, a small leak will leave you without front brakes in a hurry.

Oh... and silcone brake fluid... it's bad... mmm'k..

chapdog105

Reaction score
I bought my conversion kit from Inline Tube in Michigan. I bought all my lines prebent and stainless from them too.
I haven't installed yet, so I can't give any advice... :lol:

Back