• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Road Runner /440 headers

DougG

Reaction score
Bought another 70 Road Runner with a 440 and looking for modern header recomendations as the ones on there are beat up pretty good and want to coat the new ones for heat ; I know some hammer modifications because of the steering gear box may be needed= is there any out there that fit better ? Thanks

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
TTI is the best followed by Dougs. They aint cheap but no hammer needed and you can get them coated also

Terry Hauck

Choadicus
Reaction score
Driving down to pick mine up Wednesday. There is a great Mexican restaurant a few miles away too. TTI 440-178C5.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I bought some unknown brand name headers and 3" dual exhaust for my 70' Road Runner locally for $200.00. I couldn't pass it up. The headers fit better than any of the Hooker or Hedman brand name headers that I ever had. Didn't have to dig a single tube.

20210530_123448.jpg

20210530_143335.jpg

20210530_143327.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Seems like where the starter is we always had to bend them in just a bit to clear. LOL. Hey Joe bring me a bigger hammer. LOL. Nice to find a set that fits.

Terry Hauck

Choadicus
Reaction score
Just picked up these TTI polished ceramic coated headers this past week. Not cheap but I'm told they will fit with no mods needed.

Headers 1.jpg

Last edited:

Coyote

Reaction score
Super nice, expensive. I replaced my old trusty rusty ones that came on car with Jeg’s brand coated ones. No fitment issues and I’m satisfied.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Super nice, expensive. I replaced my old trusty rusty ones that came on car with Jeg’s brand coated ones. No fitment issues and I’m satisfied.
Wow. A rare Coyote sighting. Quickie told us that you ran off and joined some electric car racing team and didn't have time for us anymore... :poke:

Terry Hauck

Choadicus
Reaction score
unless you you have a mini starter i had to auj one tube on mine
Yes, I have the 440 Source mini starter. Needed it for my Doug's and STILL had to get the BFH after them. I even had to grind down the starter tab where the connecting rod goes thru for a little extra clearance.

Pipes7.jpg

Last edited:
Back