• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Roadrunner production info

moparzepjr

Reaction score
Does anyone out there know where I can find out production numbers for 71 Roadrunners? I have one FJ6, 383, 4spd, rubber bumpers with brow, chin spoilers, N96, power brakes but manual steering, 15 in Rallye wheels with G60 15's, and black stripes.
It was built at the Windsor plant and it hadn't been on the road since 1981(the last Pa inspection sticker on it). The fender tag and broadcast sheet were there. Just would like to see how many were built like mine that year.
Thanks guys for any help!!

cosgig

Reaction score
3,730 1971 4 speed Roadrunners overall. You will not find a breakdown of which car came with the myriad of colors and options, the figures just don’t exist. Chrysler didn’t keep track of how many cars came with a particular option, so you would have to go strictly by process of elimination. How many are left, how many that are left were your particular color, how many of that particular color had the particular option you have. That’s what Galen does, and it’s sometimes misleading, but people will hang their hat on it if it suits their narrative. If the data shows that it could be the only one existing with those particular options, they think they have a 1of 1 car, and maybe they do. But there may have been many more made that aren’t known to exist, aren’t registered, or don’t exist anymore. Your car is one of 3,730 71 Roadrunner 2”4 speeds produced, and that’s a pretty low number.

Back