• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 Steps Fwd & 1 Step Back With Nice Paint Equipment from HF.

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
Due to lack of space and equipment I have to work things in a certain order.
Found out the hard way that my new cowl top needed some work to be a better fit with the aftermarket door and fender.
No surprise really.
But I was having trouble with my touch up gun.
Don't know why. Just started spitting back on me..
I bought this kit.
(Someone will say "about time".) :poke:
I'm not in production trying to make money, so "near enough is good enough" for me.
Maybe that is the case for most hobbyist?
I was surprised at the price of this kit for the quality.
Comes with two tips.
Can't see how they sell this for 49 dollars even with Gulag labor.
Most things are chrome plated brass.
Which I guess is fine.
But I've got thing for stainless.
So very happy.
Go get one before they price it more realistically at 150 dollars if you need it.

20230805_104114-800x600.jpg20230805_104308-800x600.jpg20230805_095832-800x600.jpg20230805_093931-800x600.jpg20230805_093920-800x600.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Paint gun spit is probably the nozzle peace behind it gets plugged. During painting the hole gets dried paint in it. Ask me how I know. I used a sheet of constructions paper too test spray the gun before applying paint to the car. Do you find that the holes for wiper pivots don't line up well. It is a lot of word buddy. Replaced upper and lower cowl on my runner. Use Harbor freight guns alsoIMG_0101.JPG

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
Possible.
No clogging that I could find.
When I say spitting I mean that.....
It was like the "fan" holes on the ears were making the paint coming out go back and collect on the face of the gun.
This particular touch up (little one shown) has worked for years.
Just all of a sudden.
Some of the face designs have small holes around the center paint orifice.
This one does NOT.
I suspect that's got something to do with controlling the paint stream coming out.
Just a guess.
All that to say I was skeptical of buying the same gun again for 33 dollar.
This kit has what appears to be a nicer gun for 49 in it.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Bought the purple gun. Also, a touch up gun. From them. There is a plastic washer behind the nozzle cap I had to keep really clean on the touch up gun. Nozzle fan cap used a piece of wire brush wire to keep them clean. Good luck and looking good so far.

Back