• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2013 All MoPar Southern Nationals

droptop

Reaction score
Already have plans for that weekend this year. But, let us know how it is, and maybe we can go next year. We always like to go to at least one new show each year.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Heading up this afternoon.

The swap meet there is always small, but interesting. Two years ago there was an elderly black gentlman (think Richard Pryor's Mudbone character) selling some stuff. Among his stash was a six-barrel set-up that he claimed was for an A12. No, no, no, no, no... Cast iron intake, '70 air cleaner, and a trio of Holley carbs with the fuel inlets on the same side as the throttle linkage! Early Ford Tri-Power stuff... When I pointed out the fuel inlet issue and that there was NO WAY that those were MoPar carbs he proceeded to tell me how his buddy, who apparently is a MoPar Authority of the highest order, explained to him that those carbs were unique to Super Track Pack-equipped cars... Factoring in the Mudbone element it was all quite hysterical and entertaining...and he was visibly aggitated that I was shooting holes in his story while he was surrounded by several other potential customers... :basketcase:

Kinda hoping he shows up again... :D

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
naw, car still in the shop, and I have to work anyway.....

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well the show was even smaller this year. I had hoped that by MoPar Muscle taking it over it might finally grow in size. Nope. Unless you live in the area or within a short driving distance this one is a complete waste of time. We were out of there by noon Saturday, and that was AFTER we spent an hour shooting the sh*t with Jerry Dempsey (J&J Auto Parts) in the swap meet... :leave:

Randy Bolig was there with the MoPar Muscle Super Bee, and Todd Werner brought out a couple of the Sox & Martin cars, but other than that the pickings were slim in the show field... Don't ask for pics - I didn't bother to take any. Andy took a bunch of pics of a mostly original (well worn) AAR, but that was only because it came down the line six cars after his AAR and was the only other one that he has come across that was built on April Fools' Day. Just not much reason to bust out the camera... :cents:

Back