• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

#3698630 400 BLOCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

A31PKG

Reaction score
I bought this to build a killer stroker, but times & priorities have changed....

After researching blocks for a stroker build, I landed this at a swap meet a few years back. This is the block that 440 Source says is the next best thing to the rare "super block" #3614230. It supposedly has more meat in the main saddle area than any stock 383, or 440. When you see and compare, you will agree! 440 Source sells machined versions for around $1200-$1400 plus shipping. I'll sell this for what I paid for it, $400. It needs to be tanked, cleaned, & machined. I looked it over pretty well before I bought it years ago, and I didn't see any cracks or broken lugs. I have not had it checked or fluxed. The cylinders look originial, and in good shape, but I'd go with an overbore. It comes with main caps and bolts only, otherwise, just a bare block. It has the last 8 of the VIN on it, a '72 Lynch Road engine... Possibly a truck or ?? Prefer local pickup in Northern Va. If you want it shipped, I can put ot on a pallett and give it to the shipper of your choice. Obviously, shipping would be at buyers expense. I can send pics of whatever angle you like, just PM me with an email address.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back