• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 way flasher unit

Roadcuda

Reaction score
The 4 ways haven't been working on my car and I haven't really worried about it. But since I'm driving it to Carlisle I thought it might be a good idea to get them working. Does this look like the correct unit for our cars? I found it under the dash just to the right of where the key is. I could not find any numbers on it, just "Made in The USA!" I went to NAPA and I checked a few places on line and didn't find any like it. If this is the right one does anyone have have an idea where I can get one. Thanks guys!

DSCN1483.JPG

DSCN1484.JPG

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
No, I think that's the timer for the ignition light.

IIRC, the 4 way should only have two connections.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Big John said:
No, I think that's the timer for the ignition light.

IIRC, the 4 way should only have two connections.

Thanks John. So I should be looking for another flasher then? It would be separate from the signal flasher, correct?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Yes, the turn signal flasher will have three connections.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Its a little farther to the right, they tape those timers up pretty good don't they :yesnod:

zupanj

Reaction score
I just went through this myself. I think what you have is the timer for the ignition light. If I recall the 4 way flasher should be in the same vicinity. The turn signal flasher is to the left of the steering column. The part is available from any store.

I will look at my car today and let you know.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Thanks Jack. I took a quick look under the dash when I got home today and didn't find it yet. But I did find an empty 4 pin plug on the left side. I'll keep looking.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Here's what you need to look for:

4 prong plug with 1Red,1White each into there plug

2tan and 2 light green going into plug and all this is a solid 4 prog female plug.

Hope this helps ya out :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
abodybill said:

2tan and 2 light green going into plug and all this is a solid 4 prog female plug.

It does Bill, that's the plug I found!!!! :thumbsup: You wouldn't happen to have the part number for that flasher? Thanks.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
abodybill said:

It does Bill, that's the plug I found!!!! :thumbsup: You wouldn't happen to have the part number for that flasher? Thanks.

Mopar #2932877 at least that's what the FPM says.
Think you should be able to get the flasher at napa,o'reilley,advance. :thumbsup:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
abodybill said:
Roadcuda said:
abodybill said:

Think you should be able to get the flasher at napa,o'reilley,advance. :thumbsup:

Should have said the 4 prong plug is the one foir the emergency switch in the dash panel. And the one that plugs into the flaser is 1 red wire and 2 pink wires and it is L shaped plug.

Can buy flasher at any auto parts #552 2 prong flaser just bought mine at o'reilly's. :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score

Hope this helps ya out :thumbsup:[/quote]
It does Bill, that's the plug I found!!!! :thumbsup: You wouldn't happen to have the part number for that flasher? Thanks.[/quote]

Think you should be able to get the flasher at napa,o'reilley,advance. :thumbsup:[/quote]

Should have said the 4 prong plug is the one foir the emergency switch in the dash panel. And the one that plugs into the flaser is 1 red wire and 2 pink wires and it is L shaped plug.

Can buy flasher at any auto parts #552 2 prong flaser just bought mine at o'reilly's. :thumbsup:[/quote]
I'm glad you said that the 4 prong is for the switch. I just pulled the switch panel and guess what, it was disconnected. So I hooked it up and they work! I hear the flasher working but I couldn't locate it but for now it doesn't matter as long as they go blink blink if I need them. Thanks Bill!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Yea I kinda figured that's all it was when you said yuo found the 4 prong connector over to the side.

Gald it worked out easy fix.

See ya next week!! :yesnod: :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
abodybill said:
Yea I kinda figured that's all it was when you said yuo found the 4 prong connector over to the side.

Gald it worked out easy fix.

See ya next week!! :yesnod: :thumbsup:
Thanks again and lookin' forward to it!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back