• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

413 from a motor home

bstan70rr

Reaction score
I took a 413 block off of a guy's hands to keep it out of the scrap yard. Hated to see such a clean basically unused engine go to waste. Anyway, I am not much of an engine guy, but do these things have any worth? I am thinking about putting it on Craigslist, but I am not sure what they are worth or if I want to put up with the hassle.

My original idea was to put it in my cute little Dart convertible, but that thought passed after about 30 seconds.

Anyone have any suggestions? I hate to see it made into an anchor.

moparchris

Reaction score
Is it a complete running engine? I would think if its still usable someone would pay a few hundred for it and maybe a hundo for a bare block.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Unless its going into a truck the heads suck, and to rebuild it the cheapest route is to get 426 wedge pistons otherwise that gets expensive. But it is a big mopar but price it below a 440.

6R9Runner

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
I gave one away a few years ago...couldn't sell it... :popcorn:
ACME, if you have one of those funny old motors with spark plug wires coming out of the valve covers then i can help to get rid of it too. :D

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
6R9Runner said:
ACME A12 said:
I gave one away a few years ago...couldn't sell it... :popcorn:
ACME, if you have one of those funny old motors with spark plug wires coming out of the valve covers then i can help to get rid of it too. :D

I think you need to pester Bob or George if you want one of those funny motors... :D

The only funny old motor I've ever had was a Desoto Firedome 276. It was given to me and touted as being a 392. Not even close once I started digging into the matter... I had visions of a Hemi-Powered old Dodge or Plymouth coupe and thought this was going to be the cornerstone of the build. But I had no coupe, no 392, and no money as I was in college and it was all I could do to keep my Duster and RR afloat. No one I knew wanted anything to do with it so I gave that one to the iron recycling yard... :leave:

:jester:

Back