• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 source

dutchrunner

Reaction score
Yes , used them for 600 miles and then they dropped the number 6 intake valve.
Mucho dinero damage and went for eddy's .

But this said , I know also engines wich have these heads and have had no problems.
Just keep an eye on the retainers.

chapdog105

Reaction score
Hmmmm...
I'd really like to stay away from them if they have reputation for being problematic.

Are there any aluminum heads out there in the same price range (maybe a little more) that are more reputable?

mac

What ?
Reaction score
i have a set that i will be putting on this spring. had them checked thoroughly. the locks were changed and new seals. also had to have some of the exhaust guides honed. now they are good to go.

moparchris

Reaction score
The 440 source heads are good pieces. I would never buy complete heads from anyone of the manufacturers. If you do buy a complete set then take them apart, clean them, check valve guide clearance, valve job, and then replace the junk retainers and keepers. I would also have them pressure checked for casting flaws and check the deck for a good flat surface. All of the head manufacturers have these problems, none of them are truly bolt on and if you have found someone who has good luck out of the box then they should go play the lottery.

Back