• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

60,70’s modify racer! My uncle Cookie passed

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
Hey guys I’m not sure if you ever heard of a racer called
“Cookie Visconti”
From Freeport Long Island New York he was my uncle we used to go to Freeport in the late 70s early 80s to watch him race modified.
As a kid I remember the smoke the smell the bleachers the pits I was very young at the time and it’s one of the things that got me into cars .
He was a great dad, uncle, & racer
his son continues to race Today
John Junior.
Below are a couple of pictures of him his son and his sons race car
C7C0C353-48BA-477B-8978-78F4D2DCD4A6.png 41771B9F-DBCD-4028-A7DD-770948A5907C.png B91AE3D1-CCE0-4A16-8F80-253BAFD0DD78.png View attachment 28272 View attachment 28273 View attachment 28274

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
This is a shame and my hart goes out to you and yours. I have lost all of my ants and uncles over the years all the kids are gone on my dads side. Will miss them till I take that journey to heaven. Where we all can be together again. God speed to him and hope he gets to drive on the golden track up their. Russ. :praying:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well just to high jack this what kind of offers did you get to day on the car and did you get those valve cover's painted.??? :poke:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Just checking buddy. Good job. Keep busy and some one will buy that beautiful car for a decent price. Time is on your side. Who knows if you keep working on it you may fall back in love with it. Russ. :steering:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I don't think so from what I see. At least you can drive it. I set my bucket seat in mine and dream of the day. Just think you can work on this one but the newer car's you have to get a computer geek just to know what is wrong with it. These car's are pretty simple and straight forward to work on.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thank you John for the Likes. Keep posting pic's and chatting with us. If you sell the car we will miss you. Grate talking with ya buddy and here of all your experience's with the runner. Russ. :drinks:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I don't think so from what I see. At least you can drive it. I set my bucket seat in mine and make engine noises and pretend I'm shifting. Even making pretty good burnout sounds...../QUOTE]

:rofl:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Ok smart guy!!!!! For a lack of words I can't say on this site. :mad::mad::mob::mob: Your turn is coming so watch out BUDDY!!!! :elmer:He don't know me berry well do he that screwy rabbit.

Back