• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Barracuda tag decode

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Got it Nov 23 build 273 2bbl 3spd auto 26in radiator 2dr sport top Barracuda. Thanks Steve :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Got it Nov 23 build 273 2bbl 3spd auto 26in radiator 2dr sport top Barracuda. Thanks Steve :thumbsup:
Anytime!!! A 26 in radiator for a 273? That seems a little big for that engine, don't it? So why the interest Bob, you got your eyes on it?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
69hemibeep said:
Anytime!!! A 26 in radiator for a 273? That seems a little big for that engine, don't it? So why the interest Bob, you got your eyes on it?
Its an old race car I'm looking at, has a 340, 727 B&M shifter 8 3/4 rear, cage, slicks, glass hood along with a 383 block extra, fuel cell. It is rough as far as metal goes needs a quarter, tail lights, grill, the interior is gone but all the glass is good and operates . I would tub it and redo the cage, I need to talk to DMV and see what it will take to title again, Vin is long gone it would be bill of sale. Looking at an SS/AH street clone

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Roadcuda said:
69hemibeep said:
Its an old race car I'm looking at, has a 340, 727 B&M shifter 8 3/4 rear, cage, slicks, glass hood along with a 383 block extra, fuel cell. It is rough as far as metal goes needs a quarter, tail lights, grill, the interior is gone but all the glass is good and operates . I would tub it and redo the cage, I need to talk to DMV and see what it will take to title again, Vin is long gone it would be bill of sale. Looking at an SS/AH street clone

That big rad makes sense now!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Car is stolen :leave:

:toetap:

You know you can't just throw that out there and not tell us anything else...details, please...

BTW, this is not what we mean when we tell you that you'd look good in a "Hot Barracuda"... :lol:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
Car is stolen :leave:

:toetap:

You know you can't just throw that out there and not tell us anything else...details, please...

BTW, this is not what we mean when we tell you that you'd look good in a "Hot Barracuda"... :lol:

:jester:
Well I wanted to see what it would take to get an old racer back on the street. Turns out you make an appointment for a level III inspection for numbers on the car and they issue a new vin and title. So I put together all the numbers I could find on the car including part of the torn vin tag. While talking to the guy at the MVD I told him I had not purchased it yet and didn't know the history. He pieced the numbers together and said it was reported stolen many years ago but he didn't have time to search any further and advised me to stay away from it. :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: Funny thing was he could care less who had it. Chris how is the Coronet search coming :lol:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Makes me wonder how many other stolen muscle cars ended up as race cars because no one expects them to have a VIN plate...much less a title...

:leave:

Back