• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Dash speakers.

wagonman

Reaction score
So my 68 has the dash with 3 speakers. I just found the grills for the outer speaker. Question is what will fit in all 3 spots? Maybe Best Buy has something that will fit.I also have the crossover/ splitter harness but more than likely wont use it. Did this setup come with any kind of fader controll?? This will be used with a Non-factory radio.

quikbird

Reaction score
please post a pic of that. I have never seen one. I thought they just had the center speaker and the two defroster vents and have never heard of a three speaker system. I am curious. :popcorn:

wagonman

Reaction score
The grills are on the way.When they get here I will post pics of the grill,dash and harness with the box. I have also never seen this option before.Was told it could have been a dealer installed option but they would have had to pull the windshield to cut the holes. Rare maybe maybe not??

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Not a real rare option, I had one in my first runner with the A/M 8 track

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
IIRC, if you get the am/8 track, you got the three speaker dash. my last car had it.!BrVrPbgBWk-$(KGrHqMOKi0Eu,WgHSwgBLzOww(JeQ--_3.jpg

!BrVrPbgBWk-$(KGrHqMOKi0Eu,WgHSwgBLzOww(JeQ--_3.jpg

wagonman

Reaction score
Thats them Basket and thanks Beep. I will head to Best Buy to see what they have in those sizes. Also I do belive the Grills are metal not plastic like the defrost vents. The ones I bought have some rust on them by the pics the seller sent me.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I doubt you'll find anything at BestBuy, their speakers are too deep. They can be only about 1 1/2" deep. Here's one place to get them and is where I got the replacements for my car. http://www.turnswitch.com/speakers.htm They are of good quality, but you may find them in other places if you wish. They also have the center speaker as well.

Last edited:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
I doubt you'll find anything at BestBuy, their speakers are too deep. They can be only about 1 1/2" deep. Here's one place to get them and is where I got the replacements for my car. http://www.turnswitch.com/speakers.htm They are of good quality, but you may find them in other places if you wish. They also have the center speaker as well.

What Steve said and you can't buy from a better person as he stands behind what he sells.

He also did my AM/8 track and it is beautiful..

A12

Reaction score
X3 on Turnswitch for the speakers, great company as stated. That's where I got all three (better than originals but look like the orginials) speakers for my '69 GTX with an 8-track player.

wagonman

Reaction score
So my 68 has the dash with 3 speakers. I just found the grills for the outer speaker. Question is what will fit in all 3 spots? Maybe Best Buy has something that will fit.I also have the crossover/ splitter harness but more than likely wont use it. Did this setup come with any kind of fader controll?? This will be used with a Non-factory radio.
Got my speakers from turn switch and grills all cleaned and painted. Here are some pics. Also the splitter harness. uploadfromtaptalk1439508451479.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439508465694.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439508516284.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439508540527.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1439508451479.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1439508465694.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1439508516284.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1439508540527.jpg

Back