• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 bird vin#

kens 69

Reaction score
Hello, i have what was told to be a 69 road runner, the vin# and fender tags are missing, only #,s ive found are stamped on the decklid rail, is ther any way to tell if its a true bird or not

droptop

Reaction score
The first 4 digits will tell you. RM21 will be a post car, RM23 will be a hardtop, and RM27 will be a convertible. Welcome from Southern Indiana. Please go to the introductions and introduce yourself.

A31PKG

Reaction score
If the dash VIN is missing, see if the VIN is stamped on the block (r/s lower edge of the block) if it starts with a RM & the last six digits match the core support and trunk driprail (provided neither were replaced at some point) then it's a 'Runner....The trans should have it stamped on it too (on the r/s as well)...

Of course, this detective work will only bear fruit if it's a numbers matching engine & trans...

Any other docs? Build sheet? Window sticker?

The title will have the VIN as well. See if the last six digits match up with the above mentioned areas...

:thumbsup:

droptop

Reaction score
droptop said:
The first 4 digits will tell you. RM21 will be a post car, RM23 will be a hardtop, and RM27 will be a convertible. Welcome from Southern Indiana. Please go to the introductions and introduce yourself.

I just noticed that you are missing the VIN tag. If it has a sway bar or 11 drums in the rear, it is either a Road Runner or GTX. All others had small drums in the rear and no sway bar.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome.

I hope that you got a title with that thing, or at least a registration document that has the VIN. Otherwise, you're not getting too far with it whether it's real or not anyway... :popcorn:

Back