• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Convertible top frame mount hardware

Jack R

Reaction score
Actually had time today to do some assembly. Was going to mount the convertible top frame but…hardware questions happened. Does anyone have a picture of how the rear frame mount at the rear quarter area?
The mounting plate diagram in the shop manual shows 3 bolts and one nut but I don’t have a stud where the nut should go. Also shows a square shim used on one of the bolts. I’m sure I have the hardware but may be in the bag of misc fasteners so need to sort and hunt but not sue what I’m looking for. Hardware shown in shop manual looks like seat belt type bolts? Are they?

IMG_1861.jpeg

RonLiv

Reaction score
Jack, I tried to take some pictures and they don't come out. It's to tight down in the cavity to get a picture and from the top you can't see much. I'll back it out and lower the top and see if I can get to it better.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Don't know if this helps, but its about as good as I can get. I can't really get down inside, its to narrow to take a picture. This is with the top down.

Jack R

Reaction score
Thanks. That does help. Just standard hardware. This weekend to top goes on.
Maybe I can fire it up soon too.

Back