• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 rr air grabber hood

Dave

Reaction score
does anybody know if water can get inside the engine compartment if the air vents are in the opened position? i just bought this car and cant find the inside cable to control them so i dont know if the vents are in the open or closed position right now

69B5

Reaction score
Hi Dave
I have a Ram Charger on my coronet which I think is the same as your Air Grabber.
If my vents are open any water that may get in is caught by the air filter pan and is directed to two drains in he front of the pan. 5/8" rubber tubes directs the water down
along side of the engine
So, to answer your question, yes water can get in ( I have gotten caught in the rain many times and have had no problems) but should be diverted out.
Hope this helps

Dave

Reaction score
ok, thanks 69b5. as long as the water runs beside the engine and not into it i should be fine

69B5

Reaction score
You have got that right, Bob!!!!
And it's usually a dark cloud!!!

69B5

Reaction score
Dave, you should be able to see the two drain tubs coming out the two front corners of the pan.
If they are not there then water would get on the engine

Back