• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'69 RR Hunting

tedv

Reaction score
I'm probably nuts, but I've been hunting for my old '69 Roadrunner that I sold almost 40 years ago … VIN RM23H9A161145. The last time I saw it was in South Florida in 1980 and it was in excellet shape. Hopefully I'm not chasing a 2X2 chrushed cube. I've tried allot of search engine using the VIN and no luck.

Does anyone know of a search engine to use or am I wasting my time?

pro-streeter

Reaction score
You could try posting on MOPARTS. I am on the hunt as well for my Dad's 1969 1/2 6 barrel car. I have posted on several mopar sites. You may be able to search your DMV records. Different states keep records longer than others. I also scan ADHUNTR and Ebay regularly.
Good Luck

tedv

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, I'll regularly check those sites. In Florida I need the old title number to track ownership, but that's long gone. The only other way is if I can find a cop who will run the VIN code to see what hits … have to try that next. Good luck tracking your dad's car.

Last edited:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, I'll regularly check those sites. In Florida I need the old title number to track ownership, but that's long gone. The only other way is if I can find a cop who will run the VIN code to see what hits … have to try that next. Good luck tracking your dad's car.

You can also hire a private investigator. They can also find it for you. They usually charge a separate fee for each state searched. If it isn't still in Florida it will be tough to find.

tedv

Reaction score
In searching for my old car, I've found several RM21 hardtops??? Out of curiosity I messaged the owners and they claim the cars are authentic and their titles prove the car is a Roadrunner, but I know the VINs can't be right. I'm figuring these cars are cloned Satellites rebadged with wrecked RR coupe VINs. But what really amazes me is if you were going to clone a Satellite, wouldn't you at least do the research and clone with a RR hardtop VIN?

Back