• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 T7 RR Door Repair

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Spent the morning before work cutting out some body Rot, I still need to repair the back side of the door, about two hrs worth of labor on this so far. I also have the drivers rear quarter getting some mocking up, its still in the deep thought stage.

2017 rr door repair 01.JPG

2017 rr door repair 02.JPG

2017 rr door repair 003.JPG

2017 rr door repair 015.JPG

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I marvel at what you guys are doing so don't take it the wrong way but we use to call those parts cars, but I cut mine up for scrap and then AMD came along.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
With some of the metal we get takes a lot to make it do what it is suppose to do. But glad I can get it. Sixty-nine bird say his is done. Want to see some pics of it all done. Lee keep hammering away at it. If I get the package tray area done hope things move a little faster.:lol:

SgtLee511

Reaction score
I marvel at what you guys are doing so don't take it the wrong way but we use to call those parts cars, but I cut mine up for scrap and then AMD came along.

Ya know I have bought AMD panels all along, the best of it I think for the most part, but if you will look at the lower quarter pic I'm working on, on the black panel at the rear you'll notice a line,( that line), (The panel is too short) It does not meet up anywhere close to the end of my quarter, Thats why I said Im in deep thought about it, Ive got to cut around my existing marker and still match up at the end of my quarter...

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yea see what you are talking about. Bout got the package tray knocked out. Bought a spot welder for my Tig welder tried it on some test metal it worked fine. Tired of drilling holes and welding it up. This should speed up the process to finish the package tray and the filler panel for the trunk section. Yep just keep at it next will be the roof skin. Then the driver side rear quarter. Looking at trunk pan and drop downs. Keep at it if you slow down I am going to catch UP. Russ. :thumbsup:

Back