• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Road Runner Hood Turn Signal wiring

Kevin60brd

Reaction score
My RR I purchased has the hood turn signals, but the wires to connect them I cannot find. Wrong wiring harness may have been installed, lights on hood have the wires and ends on them, cannot find where to plug them into. Anyone have pictures or instructions on where I could connect them too? Anyone have an old harenss that has those wires on there that they could sell me? All my other lights work so I hate to buy a whole new harnes to fix this. Will like likely cut into existing and add, but if anyone has any photos of originals or insturctions available I would appreciate any help.

1967 'cuda

Reaction score
I don't know if this will help. The wiring harness was new installed in the car when we got it. We put the woven wire covering over the 2 black wires that ran to the indicators. The extra ground wires attached to the sockets we also installed because we had problems with grounding.

IMG_3536.jpgIMG_3537.jpgIMG_3538.jpg

IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3537.jpg

IMG_3538.jpg

tallhair

Reaction score
My 70 is missing the wiring too. I wold not have guessed it would be that thick/so much tape or insulation used.

Thanks

Kevin60brd

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses and pictures. I looked at it and the wiring appears to have been replaced with harnesses from M&H, tag still on the harness. Looks like they just used a Satellite one, asked another harness manufacture about this and he stated all his for 70 Road Runners come with the pig tails for the hood lights. He is selling me the two wires and connectors I need to install so I will add in myself. Will use photos for reference.

Thanks!

rockdog2112

Reaction score
I've never saw those on the RR's. I have them on the hood scoop of my 66 Fairlane (Boss Short V scoop) Do you have a pic of the top of the hood? I would like to see what they look like.

Back