• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 cover

andy69

Reaction score
on my 727 tranny ,the cover is a non factory item ,you know those chrome things with 727 printed on it,anyway it leaks ,even with a new gasket. I asked my local transmission shop and they said get rid it, they always leak..........is this so......I can always put a handle on it and fry up some eggs and bacon!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
andy69 said:
on my 727 tranny ,the cover is a non factory item ,you know those chrome things with 727 printed on it,anyway it leaks ,even with a new gasket. I asked my local transmission shop and they said get rid it, they always leak..........is this so......I can always put a handle on it and fry up some eggs and bacon!
What time will breakfast be ready I'll get some sky miles from my traveling buddy and be right down :jester:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Anything chrome leaks.... It's the way it is. Gaskets never seal to the chrome surface.

If you want to keep that pan, grind the chrome off the sealing surface and you should be OK. There were school buses that used the deep pan (and pickup) if you want to try finding a non-chrome alternative or you can change back to a stock pan. Just be sure to remove the pickup extension if you choose the stock pan.

Honestly, I've never seen where the increased fluid capacity in the trans did anything for you.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
andy69 said:
the reason it leaks is because it was overtightened.......look at the flat surface where it mates to the gasket.....it they are dented up where the bolts go in you have to get a hand dolly of a flat piece of iron and tap them so everyone if flat with the pan rail.....then when you install it with the gasket on your 727 just snug them up and dont over tighten......of shit can it and buy an aluminum tci finned pan.....its an extra capacity one also....you wont have any problems with it :D

John69RR

Reaction score
Like Big stated--anything chrome will leak. The surface is too smooth. Bolt hole distortion can be repaired using a ball peen hammer and striking the center of the holes to knock them back flush with the pan rail. I have also heard of using Duroprene gaskets.

Back