• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'88 Shortbed

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
got some parts swapped on my new truck. changed the front bumper to one from a '77. looks alot better than the '88. makes the front end look a lot lighter. also got the old style bird bath hood on. should be able to get the rust free doors from my '87 swapped this weekend. I'd like to swap the 318 from the '87 too, but the V6 runs good, and I'm gonna let Amber learn to drive with it first.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I've got panels a buddy cut off a bed to fix mine, just need to get'm one.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
my buddy with the blue '71 had a set of these factory wheels laying in his garage for a few years. I asked him about them last week when we went to the car show. he got a hair up his a**, and scrapped a bunch of stuff...including the wheels... :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
got some little things done. got my rust free doors on. been driving it to work.I didn't fill it all the way, and it wasn't quite off 1/4 tank when I got more gas, but I had 300 miles on it. that's double what my Power Wagon got. the V6 runs great, but i miss the V8 sound. kinda on thew fence now about the engine swap. cruise and a/c woork, but it needs charded.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
It does look lighter with that bumper. You could get one of those gizmos we talked about some time back that plugs into your lighter and makes V8 sounds over your radio as you drive :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had never heard those hoods referred to like that before...learned something new... :drive:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
the '72 thru '78 hoods are similar to a '71 road runners, and the water that lays in the depressed areas led to the bird bath name.

Back