• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'97 Ram SST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
2 or 4WD?

droptop

Reaction score
The SST (Super Sport Truck) package was only available in 2wd reg cab. Package included the SLT package plus these other items.
Stripes
17" wheels
250 hp 360 magnum
sport tuned exhaust with hemi style muffler (yes it has the notched corners)

Here is some reading that I found of 440Magnum.com
"The 1997 Dodge Ram SS/T took the sport truck image to a new level for full-size pick-ups. A specially-tuned 250-horsepower 5.9-liter V8 engine, chrome-tipped sport-tuned exhaust, a muscular 17-inch aluminum wheel and performance tire package, and Viper-like racing stripes set this truck apart from the pack. The Ram SS/T evolved from Dodge's success with the special edition Indy Ram, the official truck for the 1996 Indianapolis 500 that was produced in a limited run of just 2,802 vehicles to support Dodge's role as Official Pace Car with the 1996 Viper GTS. When demand for the Indy outweighed supply for the truck, Chrysler realized they had a hit they found out the appeal wasn't just in the tie-in to the race, but in the inherent performance characteristics of the truck. Chrysler paid Careful attention to maximizing content on the truck without pricing it out of the customer's reach.

The 1997 Ram SS/T includes all the standard features on the Ram SLT. The SS/T package includes the engine and exhaust modifications, the racing stripes, color-keyed bumper, grille, lower fascia and rear valance panel, tachometer, dual-note horn and fog lights. Exterior color choices include black, emerald green and flame red, all with silver stripes, or bright white with blue stripes. The SS/T is Destin to be collectable considering the limited 2 year production."

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a shame that you have to get rid of it. I almost got rid of my '98 a couple of times - nearly traded it in on a SRT-10 - glad that I didn't...

Have you posted this on FABO or FBBO? They get a lot of traffic over there...FABO especially...although most of those guys don't seem to have a nickel to play with...

Somebody needs to give this thing a home...they're really nice trucks...

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back