• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Couple of New Additions

dobie

Reaction score
So I had the pleasure of talking to Ray again over the weekend. During the course of our conversation, it was decided that I should post up a couple of my latest acquisitions.

After getting my Colt Rail Gun last fall, I really wanted a Light Weight Commander to carry off duty. Last week I finally found one in a local shop. I snatched it up as soon as I saw it, as my tax refund had just hit that same day.... :devil: I had the opportunity yesterday to qualify with it and Im all set now. I ordered up a new MTAC holster so once that comes in I'll start carrying it.

1-43_zps9730695c.jpg

Here's a picture of my 3 Colt's while Im at it. The top is a 1991A1 that I bought new in 1997 for $400. I used that in my academy back in 1999 and finished 2nd in our Top Gun competition. I lost due to extra reload time as the eventual winner was using a Glock 17. Still kinda salty about that, as my shots were more accurate. Oh well..... :brickwall: In the middle is my Rail Gun which is absolutely fantastic, and then my LW Commander.

4-32_zps0dbc68af.jpg

I also picked up a used Sig Sauer P226R DAK in .40cal. This was an ex-duty gun, so the adage of "carried a lot, shot a little" is true in this case. Some marks on the front strap as expected but overall pretty good. Im planning on using my P220R as a duty weapon, although this might be utilized as well depending on how a new policy is written. Never hurts to have options! The night sights are about dead, so Im planning on shipping it to Sig for their service plan. $140 gets new Meprolight sights, a complete tear down and cleaning, and all the springs/pins/etc replaced. While its there I'm gonna have them bead blast it for the factory 2 tone look. The grips that are on it are Hogue G-10 Piranhas. They give the pistol a much better feel, and man are they sticky. I wouldn't advise using them on a concealed carry gun, but for duty or range they're great.

2-41_zps1df254f5.jpg
4-32_zps7c3b621f.jpg
3-36_zps2e9cd20f.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice! The Colts are beautiful and how can you go wrong w/ a P226?

I bought a pair of S&W Bodyguards on Saturday for the wife and I to use for concealed carry. We pick them up on Friday. I'll add to this thread when that happens.

We went to the range twice last week in addition to buying more guns...I told Steve he had created a monster... :basketcase:

:jester:

Back