• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A few minor upgrades made all the difference

ArcDevilz

Reaction score
Well I can finally say that my bird is mechanically sound. After going through and rebuilding the carburetor adding a new water pump and flushing the radiator It solved my cooling issues. So yesterday and I took the day off and decided to block off the heat riser at the intake manifold I added a carburetor spacer and also got rid of the points. The car is finally running very smooth and seems to respond a whole lot better. This thing as of now is at 100%. Just a few more minor things left such as factory matching spark plug wires and rotor cap and she is pretty much done.

mannye

Reaction score
Ahhh nothing like the feeling of everything running strong! Glad to hear it!

I need to do the heat riser thing as well. I don't have to worry about cold starts too often (never) in Miami Beach. :snowball:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Doesn't it feel good when things end up the way you hoped they would? But, I've been in this hobby long enough to know that you never really get these thing to be 100% for long. There will always be something to come up to take care of. Like now, the starter solenoid on the Barracuda is giving me trouble, the next project. :brickwall: It's part of the fun :huh: in keeping old cars on the road!!!!!

Back