• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A12 Air Cleaner

gene69rr

Reaction score
I have a fiberglass A12 air cleaner, I went with fiberglass due to lower cost. The repo is better if you can afford them.
What I would like to know is what size are the corner drains and what size are the hoses that connect to the corner drains.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
we've got a few A12 guys here, i know Ray is on the road, but someone should chime in.

gene69rr

Reaction score
I know there are a couple of places that make those corner drains, but they are way out of my price range, so I will have to make them myself.
I would need to know what size the 90 degree drains are.
Are help or advice would be appreciated.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it is 5/8 heater hose coming off the drains. I made my own and attached them to the fiberglass base. I used 1/2 conduit to make the 90 degree drains. I was able to make templates for the drains from an original piece.

A12R6Runner

Reaction score
I am pretty sure it is 5/8 heater hose coming off the drains. I made my own and attached them to the fiberglass base. I used 1/2 conduit to make the 90 degree drains. I was able to make templates for the drains from an original piece.

This is correct. 1/2 inch hard lines and 5/8 hoses.

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
mine has 1/2' ID tubing & IIRC 5/8" hose fits loose, but the base on mine is a non-fresh air 70 style base, I couldn't afford the real A12 base at the time, though of getting a fiberglass one , how do you like it ??, does it fit decent ?? & not droop/warp with engine heat ?? etc.

gene69rr

Reaction score
A12 air cleaner base

mine has 1/2' ID tubing & IIRC 5/8" hose fits loose, but the base on mine is a non-fresh air 70 style base, I couldn't afford the real A12 base at the time, though of getting a fiberglass one , how do you like it ??, does it fit decent ?? & not droop/warp with engine heat ?? etc.

The fiberglass air cleaner base came in today. Its made by Hybrid Fiberglass Solutions (832) 524-7041. I like it a lot, it feels strong. It is very well made. It will be awhile before I can put it on my running engine. With shipping it came to $200 . I will have to make my own drains. And buy the lid, air filter and rubber seal. I don't plan on driving in the rain, the drains are mainly for looks.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I have a fiberglass lid hanging in the garage. It has a hole drilled in the center, but otherwise OK if you'd be interested.

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
The fiberglass air cleaner base came in today. Its made by Hybrid Fiberglass Solutions (832) 524-7041. I like it a lot, it feels strong. It is very well made. It will be awhile before I can put it on my running engine. With shipping it came to $200 . I will have to make my own drains. And buy the lid, air filter and rubber seal. I don't plan on driving in the rain, the drains are mainly for looks.

thanks I've seen them before, somewhere, that name stuck my memory...LOL... never seen one on a car thou or talked to anyone who has used one on an A12 hood with a 6bbl... I will contact them, Thanks for the information... I Googel-ed there web site www.hybrid-fiberglass-solutions.com/products/standardbaseplates.html is kind of weak, just basically contact info & a couple of photos...

Back