• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adding Seat belts Rear bench 68'/ New front race style buckets

Mstone68RR440

Reaction score
The rear bench seats of my newly acquired 68 Runner don't have factory seat belts. I have two teenagers and want to add them for safety reasons. Are there factory replacements available, and where would be a good starting point to look for them?

While we are at it, over the 2 hour drive home from picking up the car, I realized the original bucket seats aren't exactly comfortable for a long drive. I have seen a few nicely built hot rods on the local cruising scene with some very nice racing type front bucket seats, and harnesses. Does adding newer style buckets require any special brackets to mount, or can they be purchased to fit specific older model cars? Any brands in particular that you have in your car and are happy with? Thanks in advance,

Mark

Tempest 455

Reaction score
I just added seat belts to my RR. My car is very original but I really not want to spend the money for an original style seat belt. I found some new E bay belts that looked close enough when they are turned upside down.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
have you pulled the rear seat,maybe the belts are under there.

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
68 RR's didn't come with bucket originally, only bench seats, no big deal thou, either way there are a few nice comfortable racy seats available...

I have ProCar/Scat 1100 Elites, with adjustable head rests & backs, on sliders in my 68 RR, with their seat Bucket seat slide mounts, it was about $750 total a few years ago now, they have gone up some since then, Jegs & Summit Racing sells them, pretty reasonably priced & nice quality they have a couple different styles...

68 RR #18 Apr 26 2011 #1.jpg

Procar Seat Adapdter Brackets Driver side SCA-81342 $77.95 Dodge Plymouth.jpg

Procar Seat Adapdter Brackets Passenger side SCA-81343 $77.95 Dodge Plymouth.jpg

Pro Car-Scat Elite 1100 #51.jpg

Pro Car-Scat Elite 1100 #51 demensions sketch.gif

Mstone68RR440

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I like the looks of those ProCar seats in your 68' Budnik. I will have to check into those.

quikbird

Reaction score
If you do find the original seat belts under the back seat, remember time is not kind to the webbing material. That should be replaced with new material

Back