• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

advise on brake system rebuild

chargerbelgium

Reaction score
Here we go again, I hope you don't mind me asking dumb questions :brickwall:

Once the full front end is apart it is the moment to rebuild the brake system on the Runner. It has the stock disk brakes in front.

If I want to match a kit with the suspension package III from Firm Feel what would you guys suggest? I prefer to stay with 15inch wheels.

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/ssb-a156-1/reviews/

From other companies like www.Inlinetube.com or ...?
Thanks agan for the help!

CB

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Leave the stock disc brakes. Why convert to the same thing?

The stock front discs are pretty good... and actually kind of rare to see. It wouldn't surprise me if they are better than that kit.

quikbird

Reaction score
Ssbc kit is actually very good. However you already have disc brakes. I agree with big john. Depending on how old your lines are possibly change those. Lots of places have prebent sets, inline tube, right stuff in Westerville ohio, etc, change fluid to remove water in lines, change pads, clean up and paint calipers, check rotors for thickness and warpage and you should be all set

mahoney0_00_3

Reaction score
if you have the single puck (70) thru (74) they are fine just rebuild them!----------if you have 2-pucks on each side?--go to --the right stuff and order a kit-I have a 1969 road runner with factory discs---the two puck are a nightmare! if you go to a parts store in the US they don't sell them but s.order them they never work right/I worked in a new car dealer and they always came back-always!---the right stuff cost-------------$ 500.us the discs spindle assy is new with a good system--the whole thing,spindle out ,all u do is put it together and bleed the brakes-and its all new! and put on the tire!16964_103884009636159_3729697_n.jpg

16964_103884009636159_3729697_n.jpg

Back