• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

After/during paint, decals or metal emblems

nicanor

Reaction score
I know I can paint it anyway I want, but if I were trying to make the car at least look original, what stripping, decals and emblems do I need throughout the car?

Can I put the Roadrunner on the front fender near the headlight with the gold (or any other color, maybe black) and still be considered within the 1969 originality?

After/during paint is there any items that need to be painted on the car or are they emblems or decals?

I'm sure the 383 are emblems on the hood, Roadrunner emblems on both doors. Is the Roadrunner in front of the Roadrunner emblem a decal and is it put on after the paint is complete? Is this for a 1969 Roadrunner?

Does the front of the hood have the Plymouth emblem?

Does the truck have a Roadrunner decal over the key hole?

I have the measurements for the black stripping on the hood. Is the paint flat as flat black or is it shinny after a good couple of coats of clear coat?

Pretty much want to know how to add all stripping, decals over or under clear and emblems both interior and exterior.

I don't want to run into something that should have been painted on or cleared over after its too late.

I really do appreciate the help,
Barry

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

glhcarl

Reaction score
There should be three (3) road runner decals on the exterior. One (1) on each door and one (1) on the trunk lid.

The interior has one (1) road runner decal on the right had side of the dash.

The road runners on the doors are the "running" bird and the trunk and dash have the "standing" bird!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Plymouth emblem on the front of the hood.

Back