• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket windshield gaskets... what's your experience?

booter

Reaction score
Hello all,

I pulled my front windshield on my RR to repair some shoddy work from the pervious owner, it leaked like crazy the first time I got caught in the rain. The lock strip was cut off in a few places to make room for the reveal moldings. :loco: minimal sealer also...My RR has a PPG aftermarket front windshield which I'll be reinstalling. What's your experience with an aftermarket gasket as far as fit?? How does Softseal compare to Steele? I haven't called the dealer yet to see if any Mopar ( P/N 2811263 ) ones are still available.

Thanks, Dan

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I've used two from Year one without any trouble.

BBillyC

Reaction score
Hey Dan

I am doing the exact same thing myself, along with a new headliner sails and trim. Let me know how you make out with this. I am still having trouble finding a windshield. There are used ones on e-bay but if they are as old as mine they've probably got some pitting and fogging about to happen. Thanks Bill

BBillyC

Reaction score
Actually, if you look at my avitar you can see the fogging in the lower left corner of the windshield....it's got to go!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I got a new windshield from AMD. I haven't put it in, but the dealer that sold it to me told me its one of the better repops.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
sofseal is the way to go. the installer from the glass shop thanked me multiple times for getting what he said was a quality gasket.

Back