• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air Filter Housing Detailing

RR383

Reaction score
By what means would I clean the factory black krinkle finish? Would a stiff bristle brush and good ole hot soapy water due the trick? Point, I don't want to upset the original finish. thanks

djais1801

Reaction score
pretty sure a bristle brush would disturb the krinkle finish...what are you trying to remove exactly...is it painted over rust, is it dirt, is it pitted? To clean it up properly, take it off, have it blasted and primed, then repaint it.

RR383

Reaction score
Oh no....this is an original. When I bought the car someone at some point in time changed the factory intake, carb, valve covers and last but not least the infamous dual snorkel 383 RR air filter housing. In its place are the more modern Mopar dress up components...finned valve covers, finned air filter housing, Edlebrock car w/Edlebrock performer high rise aluminum intake manifold. When I purchased the car I got everything but the valve covers. 3 out of 4 ain't bad!!
So its got this dull film over it. Just want to freshen it up....because I'm getting prepared to have all of the factory componentry reinstalled.:worship:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
a well used scrub brush, old tooth brush, but small. will let you get in any nooks and crannies but not harm the paint.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Damn. Farm out a little bit of slush box work and you're branded for life... :basketcase:

Back