• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air Grabber Screens

chapdog105

Reaction score
My car doesn't have the Air Grabber option, but I plan on installing a repop later down the road.
My current (original) insert screens are not meshed, but solid.
Even though I won't have the Air Grabber right away, I'm still going to put the meshed screens into the inserts as opposed to using the originals.
I found these for $100...
http://moparplus.com/product_info.php?c ... 2f2a44c90c

Anyone know of a better deal out there?

I know they're to be painted red, but what red? Would the R4 single stage acrylic enamel that car is being painted in work?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
chapdog105 said:
My car doesn't have the Air Grabber option, but I plan on installing a repop later down the road.
Even though I won't have the Air Grabber right away, I'm still going to put the meshed screens into the inserts as opposed to using the originals.

I know they're to be painted red, but what red? Would the R4 single stage acrylic enamel that car is being painted in work?
That paint will work. Do they have the mounting hardware?

chapdog105

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
chapdog105 said:

That paint will work. Do they have the mounting hardware?

I'm not sure if the new screens come with the mounting hardware. I saved my old stuff, and should be able to reuse it.
I just had my louvres blasted, so they'll be good to go.
I'll need the gasket too.

droptop

Reaction score
I have heard that the reproductions are not the same. I have not seen any repops personally, but the originals look like they are woven. Can't tell by these pictures. Does anyone have, or even seen the reproductions in person?

V269

Reaction score
Yes the original screens are woven. I bought an original set of e-bay for $100 a few years ago. These repop's don't appear to be woven if it matter's to you. You will also need the clips and half round tubing strip's (4) pieces to hold them in. I could not find the retaining strip's so I made a set by taking an aluminum arrow shaft of the correct dia. and ripped it lenght way's and painted everything and installed. It worked perfect and is still in there today. :thumbsup: :beep:

solid gold

Reaction score
The repops are NOT woven (interweaved) like the originals. I have a complete set of the repops and hardware that I never installed. PM me , I will definitely give you the best price. Looking to sell the whole kit. I bought them @ PG Classics.I looked them up 99.00 for screens,69.00 for mounting kit.http://moparplus.com/index.php?cPath=61 The paint is called Rally Red (same as the drums on Magnum 500 cars)

rapid67rt

Reaction score
Just wondering..... if my 69rr did not come with the N96 option are the basic hoods the same as the N96? can you just by the N96 repo stuff and bolt it onto my stock hood?

V269

Reaction score
rapid67rt said:
Just wondering..... if my 69rr did not come with the N96 option are the basic hoods the same as the N96? can you just by the N96 repo stuff and bolt it onto my stock hood?

Yes it will bolt on. I installed a repop air grabber on my car. Check out my thread "Finally, the ductwork" for the pic's. It's on the first page of the "Projects" section. :cheers:

chapdog105

Reaction score
I bought a deck lid from a guy today that had a 69 GTX. I see know what you mean by the interwoven screen as opposed to the mesh look on the repops. I'm going to try to find the interwoven screens before I make up my mind on the repops.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Its a tough market, money is tight. I have a bunch of stuff on craigslist and hardly get a call, not even low ballers.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
The guy relisted it with a but it now.

$225.00 plus shipping. :eek:

At that price you need to paint the screens GOLD not the red :loco:

chapdog105

Reaction score
abodybill said:
The guy relisted it with a but it now.

$225.00 plus shipping. :eek:

At that price you need to paint the screens GOLD not the red :loco:

That guy is a dick. I emailed him about the screens only and he acted like I was bothering him. He can keep em....

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Its a tough market, money is tight. I have a bunch of stuff on craigslist and hardly get a call, not even low ballers.

so I'm guessing the grill and bezels from Tempe aren't yours(I'd like to have those)....so yours must be the add for tail lights and msc from THE VALLEY!!!!! :acme:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Hey chapdog there's acouple guys you can contact and they may sell you just the screens.

Mike Kolner in AZ he always has them go to his website or check and see if he's got an ad on moparts.com as I know last month he had them for $125 and that's with the scoop.

also try TJ at mancini as he has alot of barns filled up my way just tell him Bill said to check with him.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
69hemibeep said:

so I'm guessing the grill and bezels from Tempe aren't yours(I'd like to have those)....so yours must be the add for tail lights and msc from THE VALLEY!!!!! :acme:
No they are not, I did see the grill not bad looking :acme: :D

Back