• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air Grabber Totally Auto

Collin

Reaction score
So I emailed totally auto and asked what color for air grabber screens... They sent me "tail panel red".... It's way dark. So who can tell me what the real color is? R4?

Picture shows repaint next to underside of other screen.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419732819.609936.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419732819.609936.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Barracuda red, rally red. It is a 1969 roadrunner color like Chapdogs vert.

Collin

Reaction score
Any idea where I can get it in a rattle can?

Collin

Reaction score
I was just making sure that it's supposed to be R4

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I would go to an automotive paint store or call first to see if they provide the service and have them mix and put it in spray cans. The one near me does it but its not cheap.

Collin

Reaction score
Ok thanks! I'm disappointed I emailed and called totally auto and they swore this was the paint.

I also bought the textured argent and the hood stripe paint, I hope I have better luck with those

pro-streeter

Reaction score
Ok thanks! I'm disappointed I emailed and called totally auto and they swore this was the paint.

I also bought the textured argent and the hood stripe paint, I hope I have better luck with those

I have purchased from them and so far so good. Let us know what you think of the Argent compared to original finish.
Air Grabber as far as I know is R4 tail panel is darker as you stated.

A12

Reaction score
Not that this is exactly correct but I think if someone is looking for an easier to find rattle can paint that (IMO) should be a close match to R4 or the air grabber grille red there's a color that has been out there for decades from VW's to Ford to a host of others and it is named Mars Red. Do a search for Mars Red and compare it to what's been recommended, IMO it is close and should be easier to find in a rattle can from most major rattle can companies.

Here's my wife's 1981 VW Sirocco in Mars Red code LA3A

81 VW SCIR RR RTS.jpg

81 VW SCIR RR RTS.jpg

mahoney0_00_3

Reaction score
chevy engine paint orange---I have a set of( factory org paint )the same shade--I painted a old set and put the org set and when the paint dry it was perfect! AL PIC  LITTLE 111.jpgsemi-gloss

AL PIC  LITTLE 111.jpg

A12

Reaction score
chevy engine paint orange---I have a set of( factory org paint )the same shade--I painted a old set and put the org set and when the paint dry it was perfect! View attachment 8330semi-gloss

That will be a tough one to tell the Mopar buddies eh LOL but if it works then..........................glad you posted it because I ran across some color samples and it does look like Che,,,,(can't say it) engine paint is pretty spot on or really close too. :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That will be a tough one to tell the Mopar buddies eh LOL but if it works then..........................glad you posted it because I ran across some color samples and it does look like Che,,,,(can't say it) engine paint is pretty spot on or really close too. :thumbsup:

I'm not so sure it's that close a match to Hemi orange. I used it once on my intake manifold because it was all I could get from around here and there was a noticeable difference in the color.

Collin

Reaction score
Yeah I need it to match the screens not the motor, I will give it a shot
Thank you!

tallhair

Reaction score
I'm not so sure it's that close a match to Hemi orange. I used it once on my intake manifold because it was all I could get from around here and there was a noticeable difference in the color.

A noticeable difference in an original orange magnum engine paint color or differece from something painted with the Mopar Hemi orange repo paint?

I think the chevy orange is closer to the original magnum engine orange than the repo Mopar orange

A12

Reaction score
Here's a source for an aerosol can of Dodge R4 red. Don't know how much it is a can but it's a source. As mentioned a lot of local auto paint shop suppliers can put just about any color into an aerosol spray can for you, R4 or Mars Red would be my choices.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/buypaint

There's also bright red at the bottom of the list that may also be close if it was available back then?

C7072E, DT3116 Bright Red/Toreador Red

R4 - AY1DR4, R4 Bright Red

Last edited:
Back