• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alignment blues cured!!!!!!!!

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I posted this over on 'parts where a guy was complaining about having troubles finding an alignment shop. After much effort and research, I can safely say I found a winner. It was a tall order since Bob Morehouse was the best mechanic I ever saw in person, it has been hard to replace him since he died a few years ago. I have also found a top notch exhaust guy in Maysville, KY that is a drag racer also and takes pride in his work.

Brooks Alignment in Grayson, KY is the car guy's hookup. It is close to Ashland if that helps any of you know where it is, right on I-64.

The owner is a SERIOUS drag racer, and since he has been around awhile, you can take your car there for a real alignment, or anything else for that matter. I was there the other day and he had just got in from working on a private jet.

Only knock is that he is a Chevy guy. We discussed my use of the car, he explained my options and also took the time to explain several things about how each adjustment would effect the driving. We also bench raced the entire time and he told me about some of his racing experiences dating back to the 60's. He currently has a 5.90 1/8 mile car and a few other cars, including one that is a VERY serious effort '60 Vette.

Best part- he only charged me 40 bucks! I gave him 60 because it was worth that and really probably more. After getting a baseline reading of everything, I only ended up getting a toe adjustment and he also tightened up the box adjustment some. SO maybe it would be more if you needed a bunch done.

He told me he recently did some work on some old Fords for a local guy there. He knows his stuff, PM me for the number or look it up on Whitepages.com

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Its always good to find someone to do the job right. It seems more and more that its all about doing the job as quick as possible with no regard for quality.

Since this is about alignment, I read on Moparts that Dixie Resto has an adjustable strut rod that looks stock. Anybody know anything more??

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
had mine done....3 hours...150.00 and the steering wheel is even straight....did a great job....you got off cheap

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
my Dad went to KCC in Grayson. nice little town.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Had mine done here in Orlando at a shop called Nix And Black Automotive. The alignment guy is an old-time Mopar guy and did a great job. The best part is it only cost $60.

Back