• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All because of these dang Mopars (Love Story)

railrider

Reaction score
Once upon a time...

well about 14 (or so) years ago my "X" left me and my 2 daughters (then 4 & 5 years old) to pursue her career at being a loser. I was knee deep in Mopars at the time, but mostly projects so I sold them all along with a 1971 Charger RT triple black 440 car.(damn it)

Well after about 6 months I finally got custody of my kids, and actually learned to balance taking care of them alone, and then started buying cars again. So I picked up an Old Polara and was out in the yard working on it while the girls rode their bikes on the sidewalk. Then along comes a 69 Super Bee with a chick driving it. The car cruised by with the stereo blasting something like Nugent, Hendrix or some other classic rock! Needless to say I was turned on right away! I noticed the car stopped two houses down from mine so I went to check her out! lol

I walked down and introduced myself and mentioned I loved Mopars. Turned out the girl driving was about 4-5 years younger than me, and she was also a throw back type who enjoyed what the past had to offer. So we struck up a conversation. She explained that when she was a little kid her Aunt bought a brand new 69 Bee in B5 blue. She said she rode in the car and wanted one since.(gotta love it)

In the next week or so she and I found ourselves talking late into the evening and sometimes even losing track of time all together. I asked her out to eat one day and we just seemed to go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly. So I asked her to move in within the second week and next thing you know it has been around 14 years together and 10 years married. She has raised my two daughters and given me a 5 year old son. She is one of the best things to happen to me. This all happened because of a MOPAR!

P.S. Its the heap in the picture below! :blah:
waygone21.jpg

railrider

Reaction score
Yeah but there is a sad end for her and her Super Bee. She decided to go to College about a year later so she sold the Bee to do it. We had a couple more since but sold them before they made it to the road. Guess my Road Runner will have to do now. lol :cool:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Super story about a Super Girl. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't ever let her get away :banana:

glhcarl

Reaction score
Great story! I love it when good things happen to good people.

Back