• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMD Valve Covers

TOMRR

Reaction score
Any know about the Quality of the AMD Stock Valve Covers

Looking at a pair for a 1969 HP 440

Thanks Tom C.

TOMRR

Reaction score
After a little looking into it I bought a Pair from Mancini

TOMRR

Reaction score
I will !!! they had some issue a few years back , Mancini assured me they had no problem and all new stock !! So I will give then a try !!!

TOMRR

Reaction score
HPIM4672.jpg

Got my AMD Big Block Valve Covers !! How is the best way to fill these weld debits they are smaller then a eraser on a pencil , Bondo or I was thinking JB Weld and then sand smooth

TOMRR

Reaction score
What is your impression of them?

I have some work yet to do on them (Fill Weld Debits and Paint) as you can see , I have three nos pairs of diff. years and in my opinion there OK and will know better when I put them on the 440. I use cork gasket with a little Permatex Gasket dressing.

droptop

Reaction score
Cork gaskets will be fine if you are using headers, but if you have factory manifolds, I would use the hi heat gaskets. :cents:

TOMRR

Reaction score
Cork gaskets will be fine if you are using headers, but if you have factory manifolds, I would use the hi heat gaskets. :cents:

Are they the heavy Rubber ones ??

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
I install them as is.

They have a high rubber content in them out of the package and I just tighten the bolts per FSM and good to go.

Back